Company: Memorial Health
Posted on: April 8, 2021
This position is responsible for assembling cold foods and dipping
up hot foods for Meals on Wheels. This position also assists with
coordinating the meals and keeping the routes and bags organized.
This position is responsible for maintaining a clean, safe, and
sanitary working environment.
Education and/or Other Requirements
High school diploma or equivalent preferred or current student.
Hospitality experience is helpful but is not required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer
and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment,
meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer
- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking
time to understand the points being made, asking questions as
appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related
- Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to work day and night shift, weekends, and
- Must present a good image when working.
- Must be accurate with work.
- Must be able to work with speed.
- The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go
- The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas
presented through spoken words and sentences.
- The ability to keep your hand and arm steady while moving your
arm or while holding your arm and hand in one position.
- The ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with
your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble
- Estimating sizes, distances, and quantities; or determining
time, costs, resources, or materials needed to perform a work
activity. Environmental Factors
This position is performed within an environment of noise, heat,
steam, and temperature changes. Moderate exposure to potentially
injurious elements or conditions.
The physical demands described are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of the job the employee is required
to walk, stand, bend and reach, and climb a step stool.
- The employee will frequently be required to lift, push and pull
weight of at least 1 to 50 pounds.
- Ability to communicate orally.
- Ability to attend to visual details ( read at 3 feet).
- Ability to withstand noises, heat, steam and temperature
- Ability to use detergents. Mental Demands
- Ability to work under stress and to adapt to changing
- Ability to retain knowledge in order to work a number of
- Comprehend written basic instructions, safety rules, office
memoranda at a high school graduate level.
- Ability to compose written communication using standard
business English at a high school graduate level.
- Ability to comprehend verbal sentences and instructions at a
high school graduate level.
- Ability to converse in Standard English at a high school
graduate level. Note
Reasonable accommodations may be made to assist an otherwise
qualified individual in the performance of the job. In order to
meet the needs of the Company employees may be assigned other
duties, in addition to or in lieu of those described above.
- Identifies with, shares in, and displays a commitment to the
mission, philosophy, and objectives of the organization.
Demonstrates knowledge of the mission, considers the principles of
the mission (core values: Safety, Integrity, Quality and
- Participates in and supports performance improvement and risk
- This position prepares all food served cold (i.e. fruit cups,
salads, cold sandwiches, etc.).
- This person participates in the assembly of hot meals (i.e.
meatloaf, hot sandwiches, etc.).
- Handles all food and equipment in accordance with the sanitary
practices of the hospital, local and State Health Department or
other regulatory agencies.
- Assembles meals accurately.
- Presents meals attractively, assures items are in proper
- This position is part of a team that ensures timely
temperature-appropriate fresh food.
- This position provides nutritionally balanced hot meals to the
citizens of Macon County. All positions and duties are subject to
- Checks for, prepares, and sets up added items to ensure
efficiency of Meals on Wheels operations.
- Stocks assigned area; maintains area in neat and clean
- Prepares nourishments and special food requested on the
- Portions fruit, breads, desserts and other cold foods.
- Serves correct portion sizes; labels, dates, and rotates, and
stores all food items properly.
- Cleans up broken dishes and spills.
- Puts soiled linen in the proper location, using sanitation
- Records refrigerator temperatures.
- Review the production tallies for the following day and begin
preps for MOW. This may include sealing bread/buns, cutting
- Follows all safety precautions and uses personal sanitation and
- Uses personal protective equipment.
- Attends and contributes to all safety-training sessions and
uses good body mechanics.
- Follows department dress code policy.
- Washes hands and changes gloves frequently.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Maintains composure in demanding and difficult situations and
- Consults with Supervisor or appropriate personnel in regards to
food shortages, customer complaints, malfunctioning equipment and
inappropriate equipment temperatures.
- Works well with deadlines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Associated topics: anfitri-n, dining room attendant, host, hostess,
restaurant server, server, servidor de banquetes, steward, waiter,
Keywords: Memorial Health, Decatur , Host/Hostess, Hospitality & Tourism , Decatur, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!