Company: Memorial Health
Posted on: May 5, 2021
Assembles room service cold foods, assembles meal trays, transports
and serves room service trays, records patient fluid and meal
consumption when indicated, works in the dishroom, and performs
Education and/or Other Requirements
High school diploma or equivalent preferred or current student.
Hospitality experience is helpful but is not required.
This position is performed within an environment of noise, heat,
steam, and temperature changes. Moderate exposure to potentially
injurious elements or conditions.
The physical demands described are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of the job the employee is required
to walk, stand, bend and reach, and climb a step stool.
- The employee will frequently be required to lift, push and pull
weight of at least 1 to 50 pounds.
- Ability to communicate orally.
- Ability to attend to visual details ( read at 3 feet).
- Ability to withstand noises, heat, steam and temperature
- Ability to use detergents. Mental Demands
- Ability to work under stress and to adapt to changing
- Ability to retain knowledge in order to work a number of
- Comprehend written basic instructions, safety rules, office
memoranda at a high school graduate level.
- Ability to compose written communication using standard
business English at a high school graduate level.
- Ability to comprehend verbal sentences and instructions at a
high school graduate level.
- Ability to converse in Standard English at a high school
- Identifies with, shares in, and displays a commitment to the
mission, philosophy, and objectives of the organization.
Demonstrates knowledge of the mission, gives consideration to the
principles of the mission (core values: Compassion, Agility,
Respect, Excellence, and Service).
- Participates in and supports performance improvement and risk
- Assembles meal trays. Stocks Assembler area. Checks for,
prepares and sets up added items to ensure efficiency of room
service operations. Stocks assigned area; maintains area in neat
and clean condition.
- Handles all food and equipment in accordance with the sanitary
practices of the hospital, local and State Health Department or
other regulatory agencies
- Assembles meals accurately.
- Presents meals attractively, assures items are in proper
- Checks for, prepares, and sets up added items to ensure
efficiency of room service operations. Stocks assigned area;
maintains area in neat and clean condition.
- Assembles special "build your own" cold food items.
- Prepares nourishments and special food requested on the
- Portions the dessert and other cold foods.
- Serves correct portion sizes; labels, dates, rotates, and
stores all food items properly.
- Cleans up broken dishes and spills.
- Puts soiled linen in the proper location, using sanitation
- Records refrigerator temperatures.
- Follows all safety precautions and uses personal sanitation and
- Uses personal protective equipment.
- Attends and contributes to all safety training sessions and
uses good body mechanics.
- When working dishroom, ensures sanitary dishware and
- Follows department dress code policy.
- Washes hands and changes gloves frequently.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Maintains composure in demanding and difficult situations and
- Consults with supervisor or appropriate personnel in regard to
food shortages, customer complaints, malfunctioning equipment and
inappropriate equipment temperatures.
- Works well with deadlines.
- Stocks nursing units; prepares special foods.
- Cleans patient food refrigerators and microwaves.
- Supplies units with food and paper supplies for their
- Records refrigerator temperatures.
- Maintain request forms for items.
- Prepares, delivers and returns room service trays of patients.
- Demonstrates age-related competencies and safety and privacy
concerns for all patient populations served.
- Gathers patient trays and records consumption on computer as
- Follows scripting guidelines (when interacting with patients in
person, while taking calls).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Associated topics: banquet server, camarera, host, hostess, maitre
d, mesero, servidor, servidor de banquetes, steward, waiter
Keywords: Memorial Health, Decatur , Host/Hostess, Hospitality & Tourism , Decatur, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!