3rd Shift Shop Floor Group Leader
Company: Akorn, Inc
Posted on: November 16, 2021
SUMMARY: The Shop Floor Group Leader provides direct oversight
of assigned production fill room, equipment preparation, glassware
preparation, and capping/traying employees. They carry out
leadership responsibilities in accordance with the organization---s
policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include the training
of employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising
performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Must be
able to communicate effectively with all levels of colleague
throughout the organization. The Shop Floor Group Leader must be
able to perform simple math calculation and be able to solve
problems, handle conflict, and make effective decisions under
pressure.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSBILITIES:
- 95% of time spent coordinating and driving the inside/outside
operations on the shop floor (Equipment Prep, Compounding, Glass
Prep, Capping, etc.)
- Communicate directly with other shop floor leads to coordinate
the inside and outside operations of the aseptic core
- Maintain a positive attitude and encourages a culture of
professionalism, dignity, respect and transparency among
- Perform real-time in-process batch record reviews
- Ensure that operators are properly documenting activities in
the Batch Record and log books as needed.
- Perform accountability calculations and tracks hourly run times
and conveys the information to colleagues and leadership
- Perform regular check-ins with the Shift Lead and backfills
their role when necessary.
- Interact regularly with support group operators
- Lead Media fill protocol execution and enforce strict adherence
to the Batch Record and Media Fill SOP requirements.
- Interact regularly with operators and backfills their roles
- Loading and unloading sterilized equipment and components from
- Loading and operating depyrogenation equipment
- Set up and perform sterile solution filtration processes
- Perform fill weight checks, headspace analysis, torque and
quality checks on filled product containers
- Communicate regularly with mechanics and supports their
reactive and planned activities.
- Perform regular and critical online quality checks
- Ensure personal and team adherence with Batch Record, Standard
Operating Procedures, Job Aids and Production Schedule.
- Lead the colleagues in the maintenance of a clean and sanitary
- Perform immediate and critical decision making to reduce
downtime events and maintain product quality standards.
- Perform and facilities coaching and on the job training of
- Coordinate and monitors operator activities (e.g., breaks, side
- Support validation and requalification activities of equipment,
processes, and products.
- Other duties may be assigned as appropriate
Keywords: Akorn, Inc, Decatur , 3rd Shift Shop Floor Group Leader, Hospitality & Tourism , Decatur, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!