Press Shift Supervisor
Posted on: September 24, 2022
As a worldwide marketing solutions partner our goal is to help
our clients win every day. We use our data-driven, integrated
marketing platform, with a strong foundation in print, to help
clients reduce complexity, increase efficiency and enhance
marketing spend effectiveness. We've built a rich history by
believing in our people, allowing them to act like owners and take
charge of their own success. Whether you're an operator, sales
representative, a graphic artist or a clinician, we're all driven
to perform at our best - for ourselves and our clients. We're a
company with a soul and a belief that we can always create a better
The Shift Supervisor primary responsibility is to lead a cross
functional team in multiple departments on a day-to-day basis. We
have openings at both Niccum and Industrial Quad locations. If you
are interested in either opening, please apply to this
Associated activities will require constant on the floor
supervision of manufacturing equipment, while effectively
motivating employees in achieving positive morale and productivity
expectations. The Shift Supervisor is responsible for ensuring they
are achieving overall production goals, quality standards and
safety for their crew.
- Provide leadership on the floor in a professional and timely
- Be able to help troubleshoot printing press equipment when
- Establish and enforce quality, safety and performance
expectations for crew.
- Lead and direct the work of a shift of press employees in
accordance with policies and procedures. These responsibilities
include safety, interviewing, hiring and training employees;
planning, assigning and directing work; rewarding and disciplining
employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Provide objective performance coaching and feedback to all
- Evaluate and adjust work procedures to meet production
schedules using knowledge of the capacity of employees, machines
- Evaluate process and drive change in partnership with Plant
Director and Department Manager.
- Evaluate labor needs and adjust workforce based on production
volume to achieve the optimal performance and profitability for the
- Participate in work related incident investigations.
- Define business objectives and metrics for their shift in
partnership with the Department Manager.
- Develop and maintain training programs in conjunction with the
Training Coordinator to ensure that all employees on their shift
have the necessary skills to perform their duties safely and
- Interpret and review customer job specifications with press
- Recognize the intricacy of printed materials in the production
of good quality products.
- Provide advice and counsel on all aspects of production.
- Ensure machine maintenance is scheduled and completed timely
and according to plans.
Education: High School diploma or GED Required
- 5 - 8 years of experience in manufacturing operations
- 3 - 5 years supervisory experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of printing press operations
- Experience with the following Press & In-Line Finishing
equipment preferred but not required: Heidelberg Harris M1000, M "
Mini Web and 2x4 6 unit Presses. Sheffler/WPM Rotary cutter and WPM
Die Cutter, remoist, hot melt gluing and UV experience also a
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Basic knowledge of Quad Graphics Smart tools, including Labman,
Load Board and Employee Record Management System
- Ability to lead personnel in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work quickly and accurately and meet deadlines under
- Ability to identify and develop talent for future leaders
- Ability to communicate clearly and develop professional
relationship with other departments and external customers
- Strong working knowledge of 6S & Lean principles with ability
to apply to work environment
- On call availability and flexibility to work any shift is
- Strong technical knowledge of press operations and
- Bi-lingual in Spanish
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including
401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values
diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging - a
space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to
exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any
unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin,
disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age,
marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other
basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad
also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any
of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Keywords: Quad, Decatur , Press Shift Supervisor, Hospitality & Tourism , Shumway, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!