Senior Software Engineer
Company: J & J VENTURES INC
Posted on: January 15, 2022
For over twenty years, SMART Software has been helping
business-owners see higher returns with cutting-edge, first-class,
industry leading solutions for any type of service company. Our
complete, premium software solutions focus on increasing workflow
efficiency and results in reduced overhead and higher revenues. Our
unique approach based on efficacy and efficiency provides new
opportunities for business-owners to get organized, optimized and
operate a more profitable venture. We are looking to expand our
workforce with team-oriented individuals with a positive mindset.
We offer competitive pay, benefits, vacation, PTO, paid holidays,
Job SummaryThe mission of the Senior Software Engineer is to work
with our software application team to achieve our business' digital
goals. The ideal candidate for this position is a hands-on
professional with Full Stack development experience, and an ability
to translate our business needs into client-friendly functions that
will expand upon our existing software products. The Senior
Software Engineer will be responsible for implementing feature
requests on our existing online entities, as well as gathering
requirements and implementing new internal and external products as
the need arises. Additional responsibilities regarding mentoring of
Junior Developers are expected.
- Candidate must have a strong understanding of UI, cross-browser
compatibility, general web functions and standards.
- The position requires constant communication with
- Experience in planning and delivering software platforms used
across multiple products and organizational units.
- Deep expertise and hands on experience with Web Applications
- Linux System Management for deploying and supporting various
- Other duties as assigned.
EducationB.S. or B.A. in Computer Science or 3+ years relevant
field of work preferred.Qualifications and Experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid team player with excellent interpersonal skills who
possesses the ability to communicate effectively with peers,
managers, and across departments.
- Experience with many of the following languages and principles:
- Ruby on Rails, Angular, C#, Microsoft SQL Server, .NET Core,
TypeScript, Entity Framework Core, Unit Testing, Git, Responsive
Design, REST API Design.
- Experience with TFS, JIRA, Azure DevOps, etc.
- Experience with Agile development practices.
- Experience with Linux for hosting and securing web
- Strong organizational, project and time management skills.
- 4+ years of professional development experience preferred.
Supervisory ResponsibilityThis position has no supervisory
Work EnvironmentThis job generally operates in a professional
office environment. This role routinely uses standard office
equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets
and fax machines. The noise level in the work environment is
Physical DemandsThe physical demands here are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential job functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to
sit; stand; walk; use hands and fingers to handle or feel; and
reach with hands or arms.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and ability to focus.
TravelTravel not required.
Other DutiesPlease note this job description is not designed to
cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time
with or without notice.
Keywords: J & J VENTURES INC, Decatur , Senior Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Effingham, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!