Company: Memorial Health System
Posted on: September 6, 2020
Protects life, property of all persons on hospital premises and
polices buildings and grounds to prevent fire, theft and
vandalism.Education and/or Other RequirementsHigh school diploma or
GED. Must have valid Illinois driver's license. Sufficient previous
experience in security operations. Will receive patient restraint
and one-on-one inservice training. Must have a valid FOID card or
ability to obtain one within 10 days of hire. Qualifications To
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
- Must be comfortable using a computer and be efficient in data
entry. General Skill RequirementsIn addition to the Essential
Functions and Qualifications listed above, to perform the job
successfully an individual must also possess the following General
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment;
Manages competing demands; Accepts criticism and feedback; Changes
approach or method to best fit the situation; ability to work with
frustrating situations; work under pressure and on an irregular
schedule such as unscheduled overtime, unanticipated changes in
work pace; Works with numerous distractions.
- Attendance and Punctuality - Schedules time off in advance;
Begins working on time; Keeps absences within guidelines; Ensures
work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings
and appointments on time.
- Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally;
Expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; Exhibits good
listening and comprehension; Keeps others adequately informed;
Selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
- Cooperation - Establishes and maintains effective relations;
Exhibits tact and consideration; Displays positive outlook and
pleasant manner; Offers assistance and support to co-workers; Works
cooperatively in group situations; Works actively to resolve
- Job Knowledge - Competent in required job skills and knowledge;
Exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills; Keeps abreast of
current developments; Requires minimal supervision; Displays
understanding of how job relates to others; Uses resources
- Judgment - displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits
sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for
decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process;
Makes timely decisions; ability to work with and maintain
- Problem solving - Identifies problems in a timely manner;
Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative
solutions; Resolves problems in early stages; Works well in group
problem solving situations.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Displays
commitment to excellence; Looks for ways to improve and promote
quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work
to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in
timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly;
Achieves established goals.
- Concentration - Maintains attention to detail over extended
period of time; continually aware of variations in changing
- Supervision - ability to perform work independently or with
minimal supervision; ability to assign and/or review work; train
and/or evaluate other employees.Environmental FactorsWill be
exposed to dangers of assault and hazard resulting from
investigation of alarms, confronting suspicious persons, calls for
service, and other breaches of the peace. Must have ability to
perform job functions outdoors in inclement weather; must be
available to work on shift and be subject to on-call. Occasional
involvement in patient restraint. Physical DemandsThe physical
demands described are representative of those that must be met by
an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
- Must be able to stand, walk and sit for prolonged periods.
Occasional stooping, kneeling, bending, stretching and extension of
arms is required. Occasional running is required.
- Must be able to rapidly climb up five flights of stairs while
carrying a ten pound fire extinguisher. Must be able to move fifty
pounds to waist level using proper body mechanics.
- Must have visual acuity and field of vision sufficient or
correctable to see suspicious activity/persons, or unsafe/out of
norm conditions day and night.
- Must have near visual acuity sufficient or correctable to read
reports, work with records and files, and view CCTV monitors.
- Must have hearing sufficient or correctable to notice unusual
noises, alarms, radio calls and pages, and calls for help. Must
possess assisted coordination/ability in both hands sufficient to
lock/unlock doors, type, open doors, and operate a two-way radio,
write notes, hold, carry and manipulate items. Mental Demands
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be
able to work under stress and to adapt to changing conditions.
- Ability to adhere to strict confidentiality requirements.
NoteReasonable accommodations may be made to assist an otherwise
qualified individual in the performance of the job. In order to
meet the needs of the Company employees may be assigned other
duties, in addition to or in lieu of those described above.
Essential Functions and Job Duties
- Thoroughly patrols buildings and grounds to prevent fire,
theft, vandalism or safety hazards.
- Courteously escorts visitors, patients and staff to and from
parking areas. Responds to requests for service.
- Responds to "Code Reds" and drills in accordance with fire
alarm procedures outlined in the Hospital Fire Plan.
- Demonstrates good judgment in determining priorities in
responding to emergency situations appropriately. Controls
disorderly patients in a therapeutic manner by identifying the
need, level and type of crisis intervention necessary.
- Maintains accurate and factual typed reports and logs of tour
- Compliance with departmental or Hospital directives and
- Quality of patient, visitor, staff relations. Strives to be a
productive and positive-minded team member of the department and
Hospital. (Evaluator's judgment based partially on feedback from
patients, employees and visitors.)
- Extent to which appropriate safety precautions are adhered to,
both personally and as it relates to others and the facility at
- When assigned one-on-one care, positions self in patient room
at bedside to maintain constant visual observation of the patient
and remain within arm's length of patient. Never leaves the patient
alone or out of sight unless specifically instructed
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Memorial Health System, Decatur , Security Officer, Other , Decatur, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!