Job Title: Technician, Quality Assurance
Reports to: Manager, Quality
This position is responsible for supporting plant quality
initiatives tied to process and product quality. The successful
candidate will work with cross-functional teams (including Supplier
Quality, Operations, Warranty and Design Engineering) to reduce
quality defects and improve the overall customer experience.
- Liaison between Manufacturing and Technical Support Departments
to resolve quality issues
- Assist Quality Assurance Engineers with process and product
improvement plans. These initiatives will be focused on the
- Continuous Improvement of plant processes
- Conduct process and product audits
- Assist in development of gauge, fixture and tool calibration
- Support Internal CAR process
- Quality reporting / escalation
- Support resolving customer issues
- Troubleshoot warranty and customer return items
- Document Work Procedures
Employees are responsible for individual compliance with all
safety rules, policies and procedures. Associate responsibilities
include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Comply with all safety rules, policies and procedures.
- Report any unsafe practices and/or conditions to their
- Wear required personal protective equipment (PPE) and report
any defective PPE.
- Report all near-misses, incidents, injuries, illnesses,
including mobile equipment or property damage.
- Participation in the site Safety and Health Program.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
High School Diploma.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum 2 years experience working in a manufacturing
- Familiarity with GD&T
- Possess above average analytical skills
- Must have excellent communications skills
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office (particularly MS
Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of Six Sigma methodology
- Experience with implementation of Document Control systems
This position has no direct reports.
This job operates in both a professional office and
manufacturing environment. This role occasionally uses standard
office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing
cabinets, and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee works with
or near to moving trucks, trailers, fork trucks, and near large
machinery and equipment daily. The noise level in the work
environment is usually loud. The employee is exposed to a variety
of extreme conditions including temperatures ranging from 40F to
The physical demands here are representative of those that must
be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential job
functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
frequently required to sit, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel,
crouch or crawl. Also, will use hands and fingers to handle or feel
and reach with hands or arms. The employee must be able to stand
for up to twelve hours per day. The employee must frequently lift
and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and ability to adjust focus.
The employee must wear personal protective equipment (i.e. eye
protection, hearing protection, safety shoes, gloves, sleeves,
Minimal travel is expected for this position.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
AGCO is an equal employment opportunity employer and is
committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of inappropriate
or unlawful conduct on the basis of race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or other
protected group status as provided by law .
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.