Company: Henkels & McCoy
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Henkels & McCoy is an industry-leading utility construction firm
providing critical infrastructure construction and maintenance
services for the power, oil & gas pipeline, gas distribution, and
communication markets throughout North America. Founded in 1923,
Henkels & McCoy adapts over 95 years of experience to the dynamic
and evolving infrastructure needs of today. Henkels & McCoy has
been recognized with an E. I. DuPont Safety Excellence Award and is
a founding member of the ET&D Partnership, a collaborative
industry partnership working to reduce fatalities, injuries, and
illnesses in the electric line construction industry.
Henkels & McCoy is currently seeking Field Engineers in our
Central Region for Renewables, Telecom, and Power (transmission)
The Field Engineer is an entry level construction professional
who will be assigned on-site to coordinate and track the
installation of underground and overhead systems as determined by
the project type.
- Ensure project engineering activities comply with company and
contract requirements and support overall construction
- Provide technical support for construction, including
participation in construction planning, execution, quality control,
and completion of the work.
- Interface with on-site construction crews as required ensuring
safety is maintained, quality of construction, adherence to overall
project schedule, and tracking productivity goals.
- Work includes the layout and tracking of installations
including the use of survey and gps tracking equipment, operating
with cad systems, and identifying as-built conditions.
- Maintain project records for assigned work. Package records per
contract requirements and facilitate turnover to the clients
- Participates in, and performs safety audits; in addition to
ensuring housekeeping, storage, and work practices are adhered to:
Maintain all necessary records.
- Supports the project manager in achieving financial
- Responsible to clearly identify issues requiring PM
- Ensures assigned subcontractors activities are performed in
accordance with the Purchase Order/Contract.
- Responsible for ongoing communication and timely identification
of issues to the PE, and pending or actual changes to the work
performed and may impact costs, schedule, contract or customer
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Four year degree in Engineering, engineering technologies,
construction management preferred.
- Additional construction experience may be substituted for
- Some construction experience is beneficial.
- Must have computer skills in MS. Office software, primarily
with Excel and Word, and CAD.
- Utility or telecom experience a plus.
- Job requires 100% travel.
Henkels & McCoy, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer of
Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with
Keywords: Henkels & McCoy, Decatur , Field Engineer, Other , salem, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!