Quality Food Safety Manager
Company: Bimbo Bakeries USA
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Have you ever enjoyed Arnold, Brownberry or Oroweat bread? A
Thomas' English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee,
Entenmann's or Marinela cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then
you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest
baking company with operations in 33 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA
(BBU) employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales
centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our
consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at
every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the
chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers
the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and
personal lives every day.
The Food Safety Manager has a responsible to ensuring our
customers are provided with the highest quality product as well as
excellent customer service. This individual also has a
responsibility to ensure and maintain a food safe environment
through compliance to all requirements of programs/policies for
Food Safety, Good Manufacturing Practices, HACCP, Quality,
Workplace Safety, OSHA, Environmental, and as may be required by
Plant, Company, Local, State and Federal mandates or program.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Implement, follow up and improve the BBU quality and food
- Planning, coordination and execution of internal
- Coordination and participation in certification audits
- Identify and document best practices, ideas and information
relevant to quality and food safety system.
- Identify, document and report any problems related to the
quality, food safety and legality of the products.
- Provides training and mentoring to assure all bakery associates
are fully capable of achieving Quality & Food Safety
- Collaborates, as needed, to develop the Quality and Food Safety
capabilities of bakery personnel to enable them to drive towards
zero Quality and Food Safety incidents.
- Provides oversight of Quality and Food Safety programs and
evaluates for compliance through regular audits, inspections and
- Performs and/or coordinates analysis of process
- Participates in investigations to determine and address root
causes during special situations, quality failures, regulatory
inspections, vendor (ingredient & packaging) related incidents,
etc. to assure proper investigation, root cause analysis and
- Manage the Sanitation Department and the associated budget
- Implement quality and food safety improvement projects.
- Promotes the quality and food safety mission with the HACCP
- Planning and participation in team meetings and follow up with
- Performs data analysis trending reports and action plans for
- Promotes and supports the use of quality tools such as SPC,
Kaizen, 5-S, Problem Solving, etc.
- Oversees programs to reduce or eliminate consumer complaints
(Quality and food Safety).
- Follows up on corrective action plans
- Follows up on quality issues through finished product scoring,
bakery data and consumer complaints
Key Behavioral Competencies:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Comfortable working in a participative team environment.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work under pressure while managing multiple
Education and Work History:
- BS degree in Food Science or related major preferred. A
combination of education, training and experience that results in
demonstrated competency to perform the work may be
- Bakery operations management experiences a plus.
- HACCP& GFSI (SQF, BRC, IFS, etc.) certified.
- Familiarity with federal and state regulations, 6 Sigma, ISO,
AIB and GFSI Standards.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook
- A combination of education, training and experience that
results in demonstrated competency to perform the work may be
The physical and mental demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an associate to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be requested to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a
policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants
and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability,
gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity,
marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other
classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects
of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion,
compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training
and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal
employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed
affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified
individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled
veterans and other protected veterans.
Keywords: Bimbo Bakeries USA, Decatur , Quality Food Safety Manager, Other , Mattoon, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!