Deputy Chief - community sex offender supervision program
Company: Liberty Healthcare Corporation
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Liberty Healthcare Corporation seeks an experienced professional
in the field of sex offender community supervision, case management
Liberty is currently accepting qualified applicants for a
full-time Deputy Chief position which will support the Illinois
Conditional Release Program.
This program is a collaborative initiative between the Liberty
Healthcare Corporation and the Illinois Department of Human
The program exclusively serves adult sex offenders living in
communities throughout Illinois. While focusing on community
safety, the program concurrently seeks to provide clients with the
opportunity for healthy and productive lives in the community.
Objectives of the program include:
- Preventing client recidivism and maintaining community
- Transitioning clients from long term residential treatment into
- Securing appropriate community-based housing and facilitating
income sources for clients
- Providing behavioral health services, case management,
monitoring and transportation to clients
- Proactively detecting and responding to client risk
This position support's the Program's Executive Director and is
- Providing coverage for the program's Executive Director as
- Informing the Executive Director of any potential problems or
- Ensuring staff reports are submitted correctly and in a timely
- Interfacing with high-level stakeholders
- Monitoring caseload progress and performing case audits or
reviews of caseloads
- Attending Case Management Meetings
- Serving as a resource for staff and troubleshooting
non-critical questions and issues
- Providing oversight and direction to the employees in
accordance with the organization's policies, procedures, and
- Assisting in the continued development and implementation of
policies and procedures
- Establishing expectations and providing employee performance
- Assisting with internal investigations, post-violation
investigations and pre or post-polygraph investigations
- Participating in various staff meetings and training
- Participating in the recruitment process, selection, motivation
or discipline of employees
- Participating in the review, approval, and recommendations and
evaluation of Agent's work
- Assisting in maintaining employee work schedules including
assignments, job rotation, training, vacations and paid time off,
and coverage for absenteeism
- Attending court dates as needed and directed
- Leading employees using a performance management and
development process that provides an overall context and framework
to encourage employee contribution and includes goal setting,
feedback, and performance development planning
- Providing oversight and direction to the employees
- Coaching, mentoring and developing staff participating in new
- Empowering employees to take responsibility for their jobs and
- Fostering a spirit of teamwork and unity among department
members that allows cohesiveness, supportiveness, and working
effectively together to enable each employee and the department to
- Consciously creating a workplace culture that is consistent
with the overall organization's and that emphasizes the identified
mission, vision, guiding, principles and values of the
- Communicating through department meetings, one-on-one meetings,
and appropriate email, and regular interpersonal communication
- Assisting agents with caseloads on an as needed basis as
directed by the Executive Director.
As a Deputy Chief and a valued employee of Liberty Healthcare,
you can expect a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits
plan. Moreover, you will join a national team of nationally
recognized leaders in the sex offender treatment and forensic
mental health fields.
Click here for a detailed overview of Liberty Healthcare's
Well-qualified candidates for this position will possess the
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in counseling, psychology,
social work, criminal justice or related degree
- A minimum of 3 years' experience as a sex offender specific
therapist or intensive supervision of offenders in the
- Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience in criminal justice
or related field.
- Demonstrated ability to work in team-oriented atmosphere and
mediate between various parties.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Excellent computing and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Excellent listening and clinical observation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build rapport
with people and professionals in a variety of settings.
- Familiarity with local network of mental health, sex offender
specific and substance abuse treatment facilities and
Liberty Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity,
equality and inclusion are among our deepest-held values. We work
to create an environment that attracts real talent and we seek to
motivate, inspire and recognize high performance among all
employees. regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender
identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ancestry, national
origin, age, marital or veteran status, or disability. All
qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive
consideration for employment.
If you're looking for a challenging career opportunity where you
can make a real difference in the lives of others while enhancing
community safety - click "Apply" and submit your resume for
Keywords: Liberty Healthcare Corporation, Decatur , Deputy Chief - community sex offender supervision program, Other , Decatur, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!