Location: US-IL-Lincolnshire Address: 450 Bond Street ID:
Klein Tools has over 160 Years of History of serving the Hand
Tool needs of Professional Tradesmen with products that represent a
Standard of Excellence, Innovation, Technology and Quality in our
industry. We are looking for candidates who want a career working
with The Premier Brand of Hand Tools.
We are currently looking for a Mechanical Engineer to be located
in our Lincolnshire, IL Facility.
This is a supporting role where the individual is responsible
for performing engineering analysis to define design requirements,
review suitability of materials, and feasibility of proposed
processes under daily direction. Requires solid knowledge of
engineering fundamentals and principles with good general
understanding of various material properties. As individual
experience grows, the individual may be responsible for acting as
the Project Leader to successfully guide projects through our phase
Specific Responsibilities will include:
1. Prepare and route product documentation including, but not
limited to, detailed drawings, Bill Of Materials (BOM's)
specifications and inspection criteria as directed.
2. Carry out proposed routings, BOM's, and cost estimates for
completing the proposed project.
3. Fulfill benchmark evaluation of competitive or proposed new
products as well as ongoing product improvements utilizing proposed
processes or material changes.
4. Participate as directed in resolving engineering design,
product quality and testing issues.
5. Design, develop prototype and test product components,
sub-systems, and fixturing applied principles and techniques of
electrical, mechanical, and/or industrial engineering analysis and
6. Write technical reports as directed to document engineering
analysis and findings.
7. Prioritize work to align with the goals of the department and
various project teams.
8. Review personal progress within projects on a consistent
basis and work to maintain time lines.
9. Seek out and demand accurate inputs and produce only quality
work product for downstream customers.
10. Be able to adapt and function in an environment of changing
priorities often under tight time constraints.
11. Maintain close contact with associated engineering groups
and project teams.
12. Work to minimize any design detail that may cause extra
steps and add cost in the manufacturing process.
13. Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants will possess a Bachelors Degree in
Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited institution and one
(1) year related work experience.
Must possess one (1) to three (3) years SolidWorks or other CAD
Must possess strong analytical, planning, organizational, and
conflict resolution skills. Ability to manage engineering projects,
tasks and be an active member of a project team. Ability to
communicate with all levels of a project team. Ability to complete
projects on time and within budget.
Demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook,
Klein Tools provides a competitive compensation and benefits
* 401(k) Company Match * Profit Sharing * Paid Vacation/Holidays
* Shared Cost Medical & Dental * Flex Spending * Education
Reimbursement Program * Employee Discount Program * Onsite Employee
If you have the commitment to succeed and the desire to join an
organization recognized as the industry leader, please submit your
cover letter and resume.
No phone calls please.