Lab Technician (Quality Assurance)
Company: Hawkins Chemical
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Hawkins, Inc. is a formulator, manufacturer, blender,
distributor, and sales agent for thousands of industrial chemicals
and reagent grade laboratory chemicals sold to municipalities and
businesses throughout the Central United States. Thousands of
organizations across a variety of industries have depended on
Hawkins for the chemical products they need since 1938.
ABOUT THE JOB
At Hawkins, we are continually improving our quality management
system and educating across the organization about the value of
quality, confirming everyone understands their role as a quality
champion. Through transparency, internal Hawkins employees,
external suppliers, and contracted business partners ensure product
safety and quality through regulatory compliance, supply chain
control, and quality data management.
We are looking for a Lab Technician to join our Quality
Assurance team at our production facility in Centralia, IL. The
Quality Technician has the accountability for inspecting and
verifying that the product produced is made in accordance with the
Customer's specification and meets the Company's quality
expectations. Performing validation, verification of monitoring
activities, product sampling, inspection, analysis and internal
audits at all stages of production per governing regulations.
- Perform receipt inspection and release of raw materials.
- Issue and review batch records for manufacturing and packaging
- Issue labels and seals (as required).
- Perform product testing (as required; raw materials, in-process
and final product).
Quality Management System
- Execute retain sample process and maintenance as required.
- Perform final product verification and release as required per
product and process (as required).
- Perform batch record review and approval (as required).
- Generate Certificates of Analysis and verify product meets all
specifications (internal and external).
- Identify and quarantine non-conforming material throughout all
stages of production.
- Execute routine process monitoring (as required).
- Ensure all aspects of job responsibilities are documented to
ensure job instructions remain current to practices throughout all
stages of production.
- Review department systems to improve processes and procedures;
eliminate non-value added activities.
- Deploy continuous improvement of system including modification
of current processes and procedures as necessary.
- Collect and analyze relative data to drive process
- Conduct root cause analysis on issues to establish corrective
and preventive actions and monitor effectiveness of those
- Partner with Operations personnel to resolve issues and create
- Monitor, maintain, and improve all product safety and quality
- Monitor food regulations to ensure compliance
- Bachelor's degree in biology, chemistry, food science or
related field required.
- 1-3 years previous experience in food industry.
- 1-3 years quality experience
- Lab experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of analytical test methodology and the ability
to analyze and interpret results.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft applications - Outlook,
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proficient at organization, time management and
- Ability to communicate well with all disciplines throughout the
- Able to work independently to juggle multiple priorities with
- Deadline driven.
- Able to work efficiently, independently and as part of
- Experience in a GFSI facility, SQF preferred
- Familiar with FSMA regulations
WORK FOR THE BEST
Hawkins offers a competitive compensation and benefit package
and is an award-winning employer and organization! Learn more about
us at www.hawkinsinc.com. (NASDAQ: HWKN)
All resumes/applications must be submitted online.
Hawkins, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race,
gender, disability or protected veteran status.
Hawkins, Inc. is a Drug Free Workplace Employer
Keywords: Hawkins Chemical, Decatur , Lab Technician (Quality Assurance), Other , Centralia, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!