Cross Cat Special Ed Teacher for the 2021 - 2022 school year (2 positions)
Company: Decatur Public Schools
Posted on: May 3, 2021
TITLE: Special Education Teacher
QUALIFICATIONS: 1. ISBE certification in the related teaching
field of special education.
- Highly qualified in content area and grade level assigned.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree.
- Exhibit thorough knowledge of instructional and behavioral
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively.
- Ability to function effectively as a member of the school
REPORTS TO: Building Principal and Special Education
JOB GOAL: To facilitate the educational process in all areas of
instruction to which assigned and to be responsible for maintaining
a high quality of educational programs for students.
(The following are the essential fundamentals to include but not
limited to the following job duties.)
- Provide instruction in full compliance with curricular
requirements of the Illinois State Board of Education.
- Maintain accurate and complete student records and prepare
reports on students and activities, as required by law, district
policies, and administrative regulations.
- Employ educational strategies and techniques during instruction
to improve the development of students' academic and/or behavioral
- Prepare materials and classrooms for educational activities and
maintain an instructional atmosphere that is conducive to a high
quality educational program.
- Provide training, direction, and supervision of teaching
assistants to meet the needs of all students.
- Establish and enforce rules for behavior and procedures to
maintain order among students.
- Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects
and communicate those objectives to students.
- Modify the general education curriculum/program curriculum for
special education students, based upon a variety of instructional
techniques and technologies.
- Direct meetings with parents and other staff regarding
students' plans and make necessary adjustments throughout the year
- Provide case management activities for all special education
- Maintain progress monitoring data, review records, and prepare
necessary paperwork for quarterly progress reports, annual reviews,
and three year re-evaluations for assigned students.
- Maintain communication and consult with parents on student
progress, understanding child development, special needs, and
response to intervention.
- Collaborate with parents/guardians, teachers, support staff,
outside agencies, and administration in order to monitor progress
and/or resolve students' academic and behavioral problems.
- Plan for the health, safety, and physical well-being of
students during instruction.
- Acquire and maintain certification in crisis intervention
techniques, as necessary, dependent upon student and building
- Practice professional renewal through a variety of means such
as attending conferences, workshops, and seminars, and
participating in professional organizations.
- Perform such other tasks and assume such other responsibilities
as may be assigned.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Wages, hours, terms, and conditions of employment are pursuant
to the collective bargaining agreement.
Performance in the position will be evaluated in accordance with
the provisions of the collective bargaining agreement.
The physical demands, work environment factors, and mental
functions described below are representative of those that must be
met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to talk, see, hear, sit, walk, and
stand; use hands and fingers; reach with hands and arms. The
employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds for a
distance of 3 feet. The employee is occasionally required to climb,
balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally
physically restrain students for up to fifteen minutes.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The noise level in the work environment is
MENTAL FUNCTIONS: While performing the duties of this job, the
employee regularly is required to compare, analyze, communicate,
coordinate, compile, instruct, copy, calculate, synthesize,
evaluate, use interpersonal skills, negotiate, and maintain
emotional control under stress.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and
responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive
list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills that may be
Keywords: Decatur Public Schools, Decatur , Cross Cat Special Ed Teacher for the 2021 - 2022 school year (2 positions), Other , Decatur, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!