Maintenance Technician - SIGN ON BONUS (Mattoon, IL, US)
Posted on: May 3, 2021
A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there's more to being
in business than just making a profit. That's the Mars philosophy.
And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An
opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for
those around you and for the planet. What you get here is
challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a
great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side
to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to
do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a
great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and
Because it's never just about a single person, a single project
or a single brand. It's about how you can grab everything that's
within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain.
It's about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure
because the promise of success means we'll all be a little better
off. It's that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a
special place to work. And why working here is always about more
than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of
history making diverse products and offering services for people
and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the
company is a global business that produces some of the world's
best-loved brands: M&M's, SNICKERS, TWIX, MILKY WAY, DOVE,
PEDIGREE, ROYAL CANIN, WHISKAS, EXTRA, ORBIT, 5, SKITTLES, UNCLE
BEN'S, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA. Mars also provides veterinary
health services that include BANFIELD Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl,
VCA and Pet Partners. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in
more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles - Quality,
Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom - inspire its
more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners
and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
SIGN ON BONUS: $1500.00
The Shift Maintenance Technician is assigned to a rotating based
team to ensure all production equipment and facilities are
operating in the safest and most productive electro-mechanical
condition, implements continuous improvement, and supports new
system installations, production strategies, and plant
- Analyze condition, troubleshoot failures, repair and perform
preventative/predictive maintenance on production equipment,
building and utilities and all associated equipment and report any
issues to the area system techs.
- Initiate, plan and coordinate work performed by other
associates, contractors and/or self. (Unplanned, planned,
- Prioritize and manage work assigned to implement immediate
repairs. Ensure permanent repairs are completed within
14 days and all information has been communicated on root cause of
Be a lead in technical troubleshooting the process, mechanical
and electrical (power and interlocks) issues
which prevent meeting the shift or weekly schedules.
- Train shift associates on proper set up, change-over and
operation of equipment.
- Troubleshoot mechanical and electrical issues using Man Machine
Interface and PLC logic.
- Ensure all work orders, and log information is complete and
accurate in a timely manner.
- Complete planned work as assigned.
- Work on maintaining and improving electrical and mechanical
knowledge and skills to improve customer service levels.
- Will actively address food safety and quality concerns.
- Assist the shift manager in all duties to meet shift and weekly
- Participate in action circles and focus groups as
- Be proactive to prevent issues from arising, which jeopardize
- Work as a team member within the maintenance department to
improve the total reliability of the plant.
- Be a customer service agent for the Technical department (Site
Technical and Safety Manager), meeting Operations (Production
- Understand “Maintenance Excellence” and “MSE” principles and
develop self and departmental work practices to promote a proactive
- Other similar duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Good overall knowledge of plant flow, operation and
- Good theoretical knowledge and ability to troubleshoot
electrical circuits (AC/DC
single/polyphase, low/high voltage) and all related equipment
both power and logic
- Good theoretical knowledge and ability to troubleshoot
equipment and hydraulic, pneumatic and vacuum systems
- Ability to design and fabricate using materials such as sheet
and structural metals both ferrous and non-ferrous, plastics,
- Basic ability to operate machine tools
- Skills in pipe fitting, plumbing, HVAC, boiler and utilities
operation and maintenance
- Knowledge in machine design and strengths of materials
- Knowledge and skills in safe rigging techniques
- Skilled with the operation of equipment such as fork trucks,
personnel lifts, etc.
- Excellent knowledge of hand tool application, operation and
- Good knowledge of GMP's and clean design methods
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team
environment with a positive attitude and minimal supervision
- Ability to work long hours (including 12 hour rotating shifts)
under stressful conditions such as heat, cold, high and /or
confined spaces and have full mobility with ability to climb
ladders and stairs and do repetitive bending and twisting
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to train other associates
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or
any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance
or an accommodation during the application process because of a
disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to
provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a
result of such a request.
Keywords: Mars, Decatur , Maintenance Technician - SIGN ON BONUS (Mattoon, IL, US), Other , Mattoon, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!