Packaging Operator (15810)
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Bunge (NYSE: BG) is a world leader in sourcing, processing and
supplying oilseed and grain products and ingredients. Founded in
1818, Bunge's expansive network feeds and fuels a growing world,
creating sustainable products and opportunities for more than
70,000 farmers and the consumers they serve across the globe. The
company is headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri and has 25,000
employees worldwide who stand behind more than 350 port terminals,
oilseed processing plants, grain facilities, and food and
ingredient production and packaging facilities around the
JOB TITLE: Packaging Operator
LOCATION: Decatur, AL
Responsible for safe and efficient operation of packaging
equipment, performing PM maintenance and making minor repairs and
producing quality product per production schedule while maintaining
- Promote safety by maintaining a safe work environment,
identifying hazards and exposures, and being willing to approach
others about safety.
- Candidate must be friendly, collaborative, intelligent, and
- Responsible for maintaining sanitation levels of work
- Perform and complete package quality checks and respond to
problems, identify and handle off quality products and package
- Interpret tank inventories, valve and pump settings to ensure
the correct product is being filled and pumped.
- Operate the production line equipment (votators, shortening,
liquid and tote line).
- Troubleshoot production line issues to identify problems.
- Perform all assignments satisfactorily, safely, and maintain
- Operate a forklift for warehouse, loading, receiving.
- Responsible for loading and unloading railcars and trucks.
- Connect unloading and loading line to railcars and tank
- Collect product samples from tanks, railcars, tank trucks for
- Responsible for pumping and/or dumping ingredients into oil
- Collecting inventory of storage tanks.
- Transferring oils products throughout facility.
- Follow "Good Manufacturing Principles" and rules.
- Maintain documents for processes as required by Quality and
- Be prepared to work a flexible, 8, 10, or 12 hour schedule that
will include off shifts and weekends.
- High school graduate or GED equivalent
- Ability to read and write
- Ability to take instruction and follow direction
- Dependable attendance
- High aptitude for cleanliness in their work space and personal
- High degree of honesty and integrity.
- Ability to switch tasks and adapt to change effectively.
- Ability to work in a highly repetitive, fast moving
- Positive attitude and openness to corrective criticism.
- Willingness to learn new things/skills.
- Customer focused mindset.
- Candidate must be friendly, collaborative, intelligent and hard
Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, transgender status, national origin, citizenship, age,
disability or military or veteran status, or any other legally
protected status. Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Segment: Engineer, Warehouse, Equipment Operator,
Industrial, Sustainable Agriculture, Engineering, Manufacturing,
Keywords: Bunge, Decatur , Packaging Operator (15810), Other , Decatur, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!