Product Manager I
Company: Patterson Companies
Posted on: June 7, 2021
The Product Manger I is responsible for working alongside the
Sr. Product Manager for developing and executing on the strategy
for the ecosystem of partners and products that integrate with
Market Hound. The role is responsible for maintaining the product
roadmap for Market Hound and all associated partnership
integrations. The role assists the Sr. Product Manager in
establishing sales goals, building sales and marketing programs,
and managing the overall P&L for the Market Hound portfolio.
Close partnerships and working relationships with product
management, partnership management, engineering, marketing, sales,
and customer success are essential to delivering business results
Portfolio Strategy and execution:
- Works with the Sr. Product Manager in defining the strategic
vision and long-term roadmap for all Market Hound associated
- Shares the portfolio vision and strategy in collaboration with
key business stakeholders such as Product Management, Engineering,
Marketing, and Sales and oversees execution of the tactical
- Assists in defining product, market, and customer segmentation
- Assists in conducting research to support opportunity
assessment and product and capability roadmaps
- Assists with building and execution of business cases to
capitalize on market opportunity
- If appropriate, set product pricing schedules across customer
- Provide input into build versus buy decisions relating to
- Fluent on products inside of the Market Hound portfolio and
able to provide product demos as needed
- Work in partnership with Supporting Services to draft, manage
and maintain a roadmap based upon product and release strategy
- Provide input for feature requirements that will inform user
stories and user interface design
- Participate in sprint demonstrations and provide feedback on
the sprint deliverables
- Partner with Supporting Services to determine timing and
readiness of planned production r release
- Work with cross-functional departments to ensure operational
readiness and product success
- Provide input on marketing materials and programs, keeping the
marketing team updated on planned product and feature releases
- Build and facilitate product user communities
- Assist Product Managers with duties as assigned
- Assist the Partnership Manager in defining partnership revenue
and profit targets
- Assists the Sr. Product Manager in negotiating commercial
- Make build or buy recommendations
- Partner with Product Marketing and Engineering for API /
development support needed for partner product integrations into
- Assist the Partnership Manager in providing partner support as
- Manage all aspects of partner integration with Market
Sales and Marketing:
- Define product positioning and train sales teams on value
- Work with customer marketing team to create and execute demand
- Collaborate with sales to create a promotional calendar to
support sales campaigns
Financial Plan and Resource Management:
- Build and measure key performance indicators (KPI) of each
product and feature releases in order to help inform changes to
product and release strategy
- Set product sales and profitability goals with input from Sr.
Product Manager, sales and marketing teams
- Responsible to develop and communicate product P&Ls
necessary for tracking financial performance and review results
with Sr. Product Manager
- Participates in the monthly and annual budgeting process.
- Assist with ensuring products in the Market Hound portfolio
meet Patterson legal, regulatory and security requirements (EULA's,
- Reviews existing partnership agreements and keeps KPIs in front
of cross functional groups to meet critical objectives especially
on exclusivity arrangements
- Involved in new partnership negotiations as needed
- Works with legal to execute new agreements
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and
- At least 4 years of experience of related business/industry
experience, software industry experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate with and influence all levels in the
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify customer
needs and translate needs to product features
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
What's In It For You:
We provide competitive benefits, unique incentive programs and
rewards for our eligible employees:
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits and an integrated
- 401(k) Match Retirement Savings Plan.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
- Paid Time Off (PTO).
- Holiday Pay & Floating Holidays.
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO).
- Educational Assistance Program (Tuition Reimbursement).
- Full Paid Paternity and Adoption Leave.
- LifeWorks (Employee Assistance Program).
- Company-Paid Short-Term Disability.
- Patterson Perks Program.
Please click here for an overview of benefits offered!
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Patterson Companies, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. We
consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion,
color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender
identity, disability or veteran status.
Keywords: Patterson Companies, Decatur , Product Manager I, Other , Effingham, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!