Company: Plug Power Inc.
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Status: Exempt (salaried)
Department: Mechanical Engineering
The Electrical Designer will create complex harness designs and
electrical detailing for new Plug Power fuel cell systems. The
successful candidate must be able to interpret multiple inputs and
requests and balance these within system constraints, while
striving for elegant and simple designs that can be sourced,
inspected, assembled, and serviced efficiently. The role will
require strong leadership, teamwork, and analysis skills to
collaborate with various engineering disciplines as well as other
cross-functional departments. The ideal candidate should be
creative, self-motivated, able to handle multiple project
assignments and willing to learn and adapt within a fast-paced
engineering organization. Prior experience with electro-mechanical
design is required.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with systems, electrical and mechanical teams to
understand the system component requirements, constraints, and
- Create EIDs from System P&ID, component and electrical
boards flow downs.
- Designs and drafts layout for printed circuit boards according
to engineering specifications, utilizing knowledge of electronics,
drafting, and PCB design.
- Select wiring, connectors, pass throughs, attachment areas,
- Create device drawings for components connections.
- Model/design harnesses and layout based on EID, system and
- Work with manufacturing and field engineering to understand
multiple customer needs.
- Oversee and assist prototype harness build for first run
prototype of lab benches.
- Communicate consistently and effectively to all
cross-functional team members where needed to ensure that design
intent is understood, and questions are answered to move projects
- Represent Plug Power in a professional manner in all
interactions; support the philosophy of the organization to provide
high-performing technology to maximize customer satisfaction.
- Maintain change control documentation for components and
- Maintain service documentation for components and
- Perform all other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- Minimum BS degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or relevant
engineering field is required.
- Three (3) or more years of related work experience preferably
within a New Product Development environment
- Experience with Creo required.
- Experience with Creo Schematic, PTC Harness 3D, PADs or Altium,
Windchill, and Visio strongly desired
- Electrical knowledge of wire and connector gauge sizing for
both low and high voltage systems
- Experience with complex harness design in tight spaces - wire
sizing, connector selection, watertight designs, poke-yoke
assembly, and routing
- Ability to manage complex projects and multi-task effectively
with excellent follow-through and commitment to deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Teamwork oriented and focused. Must be driven and
self-motivated with excellent follow through.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
Plug Power, Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment
and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression,
sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or
Keywords: Plug Power Inc., Decatur , Electrical Designer, Other , Latham, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!