Electrical & Mechanical Maintenance Technician
Company: Stevens Industries
Posted on: June 8, 2021
The Electrical and Mechanical Maintenance Technician responds to
breakdowns, troubleshooting mechanical equipment and electrical
controls circuits by locating sources of problems. Installs
new/modified electrical equipment, PLC's, instrumentation, variable
speed AC and DC drives to meet operational requirements. Research
equipment and component needs, sources, competitive prices,
delivery times and ongoing operational costs. The position will
also interface with other Maintenance personnel and production team
to ascertain and identify operating and/or maintenance problems.
Assists in designs as well as constructs and operates systems,
machinery and equipment used for generation, transmission and
distribution of energy. Works closely with other engineering areas
to obtain optimum utilization of equipment, machinery and
resources. Requires basic machinist skills, PLC knowledge,
rebuilding gearboxes, motors, and cylinders; also strong mechanical
and electrical trouble shooting abilities with an understanding of
hydraulics, pneumatics, relay logic and schematics.
- Experience with PLC's and drives.
- Good understanding of machine operations and the interaction of
electrical or mechanical components.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and prioritize tasks in a
self-directed work environment and maintain high levels of
productivity without direct supervision.
- Strong knowledge of electrical production equipment.
- Ability to trouble shot and repair production equipment.
- Demonstrates strong problem solving skills through educational
and vocational excellence.
- Experience in PLC systems analysis and programming of PLC
- Extensive knowledge of industrial electrical control including
AC drives, PLC programming, panel layout, wiring, hydraulics, and
pneumatics, with the ability to design and install these
- Extensive knowledge of AutoCAD, and mechanical and
- Ability to make decisions and/or final recommendations.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external
customers and suppliers. Ability to establish a solid, reliable,
and trustworthy relationship with all Stevens' associates
customers, and suppliers.
- Requires knowledge of tooling, machining, and fabrication for
faster build designs.
- Ability to read complex drawings and specifications.
- Extensive knowledge of Stevens' materials, processes, and
- Proficient in math, geometry, and trigonometry functions.
Sufficient knowledge in the metric system.
- Sufficient computer knowledge to manipulate files in
Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran
Keywords: Stevens Industries, Decatur , Electrical & Mechanical Maintenance Technician, Other , Teutopolis, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!