AGI is a global food infrastructure company publicly traded in
Canada. With over 3,800 employees and over 30 global manufacturing
brands, AGI is a leading provider of equipment and technology
solutions for agricultural commodities including seed, fertilizer,
grain and feed systems and an expanding platform for food
Through a comprehensive network of knowledgeable and highly
skilled dealers, distributors and strategically located warehouse
facilities, AGI serves both domestic and international customers.
AGI takes a collaborative approach within the Westfield, Batco, Rem
and Hutchinson Mayrath product offerings that considers all
stakeholder requirements to satisfy the unique needs of our
AGI is in search of a new Material Handler for the Yard at our
Decatur, IL Warehouse location. The Material Handler-Yard will
report to AGI's Sr. Branch Manager, and will utilize a forklift,
tractor, or truck to perform inventory, materials, and parts
movement within an outdoor yard, as well as a warehouse production
environment. Additionally, they will load and unload flatbed
trailers, and could occasionally perform repetitive assembly and
warehouse operations to assemble components and prepare products
for shipment. Furthermore, this person will work closely with the
warehouse Assembly Team, Inventory Associate and Sr. Branch Manager
to ensure accurate selection of Pick List, inventory control and
customer order fulfillment. Superior communication skills,
attention to detail and organizational skills will be key in
delivering a successful customer experience.
The Material Handler-Yard is based out of the Decatur, IL
warehouse, and reports to the Sr. Branch Manager for Ag Growth's
Portable Grain Handling Products.
This dynamic team of currently 7-10 warehouse employees provides
best in class service to our North American portable handling
customer base. They will work collectively with Dealers, Customers
and other Regional Sales Representatives across AGI to meet the
growing needs of our customers.
The Material Handler-Yard will perform inventory, materials, and
parts movement within an outdoor yard, as well as a warehouse
production environment. More specifically, the Material Handler
- Unload and load flatbed trailers consisting of agricultural
equipment, most of which are non-traditional freight loads
(unpalletized and/or irregular in shape and size).
- Operate a forklift, tractor, company vehicle, or any other
equipment needed to perform the job.
- Accurately read and document a Pick List to pull and fulfill
- Work closely with warehouse Assembly Team to provide materials
for the production line.
- Work closely with Inventory Associate on stock levels and
quality control measures.
- Occasionally assist Assembly Team on the production line, using
hand or power tools.
- Operate moving overhead cranes/hoists.
- Keep Sr. Branch Manager advised of work status, workload,
potential problems, and progress as related to work
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean, orderly
condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
- Troubleshoot equipment and make necessary repairs.
- Perform additional related duties as requested or
Candidates for the Material Handler-Yard will:
- Possess a High School Diploma or equivalent experience.
- Have demonstrated a strong understanding of metrology and tape
- Be well organized and pay close attention to detail.
- Have superior customer relationship skills, including active
- Be able to work outdoors in all weather conditions
Ideally, candidates will be comfortable, through either
professional or personal experience, working in the agricultural
market segment, but this is most certainly not a requirement.
AGI provides a competitive pay and benefit package, including
Employee Stock Purchase Plan and Match, 401K and employer
contributions, as well as many other benefits.
How to Apply
Click the "Apply Today" button above or email
email@example.com with your cover letter and resume and note
the job you're applying for in the subject line.
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to
continue in the interview process will be contacted.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with a
disability taking part in the recruitment process and once