Category Specialist - Contractor Services
Company: Archer Daniels Midland Company
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Category Specialist - Procurement- Decatur, IL Global
Procurement Category Specialist- Contractor Services
This is an exempt level position.
The Category Manager- Contractor Services partners with all
Operational functions and business partners to develop and execute
long term Procurement strategies aligned with business goals. The
Category Manager primary function is to implement sound, innovative
supply strategies through market intelligence and risk analysis,
sourcing, supplier selection, contract negotiation, and supplier
relationship management, using ADM's 7-step sourcing process. The
Category Manager will also develop processes to ensure stakeholder
engagement and data-driven decision making. He/she will prepare
requests for quotes/proposals and negotiate global agreements for
contractor services across ADM.
- Evaluate market intelligence, internal business goals and
historical spend to determine strategic opportunities.
- Prepare and issue requests for quote, proposal or information
to qualified suppliers.
- Analyze supplier responses and make data-driven sourcing
- Act as prime negotiator with suppliers on price, terms,
quality, service, and other business requirements.
- Develop and implement contractual framework in close
cooperation with legal.
- Establish short and long term category metrics and TCO savings
targets, monitor performance, and communicate these to
- Manage supplier expectations and key performance metrics.
- Apply eSourcing best practices to all sourcing events.
- Serve as a single point of contact for up to 20 different
categories of spend, to ensure maximum leverage is consistently
- Establish robust communication plan to keep internal business
partners informed of progress and benefits of Procurement
- Partner with internal risk, HR, and compliance groups to ensure
category strategies are compliant with relevant laws, regulations,
and risk policies.
- Act as change agent and advocate for Procurement as a value
- Develop and implement process improvements and cost savings
initiatives with suppliers.
- Commercial skills and familiarity with contract law
- Competent in financial analysis
- Customer solutions focused
- Proven negotiations skills
- Skilled in cost/benefit analysis and alternative decision
- Technology adept (eProcurement and P2P systems, standard Office
Suite such as Excel, Word, and Power Point)
- Capacity to develop advanced strategies
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks efficiently and
- Global awareness (culture, currencies, geography,
- Continuous Improvement
- Communications (oral/written)
- Ability to influence and lead outcome
- Forward, visionary thinker
- Skilled at relationship management, with internal and external
- Team oriented
Educational and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, or related
field is required
- A Master's degree in Business is preferred.
- Minimum of six (6) years professional work experience with four
(4) years in purchasing for global companies
- In-depth understanding of various contracting models is
Relocation assistance is available with this position.
Keywords: Archer Daniels Midland Company, Decatur , Category Specialist - Contractor Services, Other , Decatur, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!