Senior Process Engineer
Company: Conagra Brands, Inc.
Posted on: June 9, 2021
This position is responsible for leading the RQI Process
Engineering team for one of the major business units. The team is
responsible for the definition, development, & commercialization of
new or improved processing technologies & techniques to drive new
product introductions, cost reduction initiatives, quality
improvement efforts, and compliance with food safety & regulatory
requirements. The individual will manage and be responsible for the
development of a team of approximately 3-5 direct reports. The
individual will also be expected to act as the process engineer or
RQI technical leader of one or two major projects.
- Builds & maintains an understanding of the process technology
needs & capabilities across the company, especially in their target
platform. Partners internally and externally (Universities,
suppliers, competitive scouting) to identify technologies that can
be adapted for our needs.
- Coaches and leads a team of 3-5 direct reports. Shows a passion
for developing talent, maximizing performance, and career growth
for the group as a whole.
- Creates & fosters a food culture - valuing broadmindedness,
creativity, curiosity, & decision-making.
- Acts as "the face" of the process engineering team to
stakeholders & team members across their target platform. Is able
to effectively manage stakeholders across the organization. Drives
discussion on effective resource allocation to the right
- Collaborates with key stakeholders across the organization to
represent process engineering, aligning the work with business
needs for programs such as: quality & food safety improvement,
productivity & cost initiatives, network optimization efforts,
commercialization of new items, and capacity expansions.
- BS in Chemical, Food, Biochemical, or Mechanical Engineering
required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience with proven leadership in food
process technology or related areas of work.
- 3+ years of experience effectively influencing across business
partners and stakeholders.
- 2+ years of experience managing, mentoring, or coaching
- Passion for individual engineer and total group career
- Background in frozen food or extended shelf life dairy &
refrigerated foods and related processing desired.
- Extensive knowledge of food science & food processing.
- Thorough understanding of food safety, sanitary design, &
- Solid understanding of sensory testing methodologies and
translating consumer insights into technical solutions.
- Understanding of food/package interaction.
- Knowledge of product development process.
- Basic financial understanding, to enable profitability
optimization and project budgeting skills
- Strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills
along with the self-confidence to drive the technical organization
to new levels of accomplishment and performance.
- Creative and result oriented personality.
- Self-starter, but also a team player with proven problem
- Knowledge of capital engineering practices a plus
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time. Must be able to travel
independently and as a responsible company representative.
Physical Requirements (optional)
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally; lift up to 25 lbs.
- Work extensively in pilot plant and or production plant floor
- Exposure to manufacturing environments for periodic extended
work days to include: loud noise, heat, cold, wet, and slippery
- Walking and/or standing for long periods of time.
- Climbing to various heights via stairs or ladders.
- Bending and/or crawling; must be able to move safely and freely
- Driving a company or rental vehicle as needed.
We care about your total well-being and will support you with
the following, subject to your location and role:
- Health: Medical, dental and vision insurance, company-paid
life, accident and disability insurance
- Wealth: great salaries, matching 401(k) and stock purchase
- Growth: online courses, virtual and classroom development
- Balance: paid-time off , flexible work-schedules
Conagra Brands is one of North America's leading branded food
companies. We have a rich heritage of making great food, and a team
that's passionate about innovation and growth. Conagra offers
choices for every occasion through iconic brands, such as Birds
Eye, Marie Callender's, Banquet, Healthy Choice, Slim Jim,
Reddi-wip, and Vlasic, and emerging brands, including Angie's
BOOMCHICKAPOP, Duke's, Earth Balance, Gardein, and Frontera.
We pride ourselves on having the most impactful, energized and
inclusive culture in the food industry. For more information, visit
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers
qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race,
color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave
status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any
other characteristic or status protected by national, federal,
state or local law.
Keywords: Conagra Brands, Inc., Decatur , Senior Process Engineer, Other , Centralia, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!