This role will provide Business Resource support to the newly
created Resource Industries Electrification team as they seek to
deliver a holistic suite of solutions to meet our customers' energy
transition objectives while supporting Caterpillar's goal of
profitable growth .
Provide financial counsel on complex, broad, traditional and
non-traditional accounting studies, projects and/or
Incumbent provides expertise on complex business, financial or
managerial issues within a business unit or corporate environment.
Additionally, this position will/must:
- have the ability, as an expert, to understand outcomes and have
a broad enterprise view and understanding when resolving issues or
completing projects. This requires a comprehensive understanding of
Caterpillar's business and accounting issues.
- resolve issues independently.
- lead and/or direct teams within or outside of discipline.
- take full responsibility for outcomes. Has a unique
accountability role on teams.
- initiate and lead business unit or corporate initiatives.
- understand the commercial impact of business decisions.
- provide creative solutions that challenge traditional methods
Accounting Consultants are knowledgeable on a variety of
accounting functions and have a broader understanding of business
issues that impact decision making. Incumbent has experience to
evaluate adherence to corporate and external reporting
requirements, and/or business analysis methodology. Incumbent has
the ability to accomplish complex and/or technical analysis but
generally utilizes data gathered by others to render an accounting
opinion or business decision. Incumbent will provide
advice/recommendations on strategic business issues to business
unit managers and leaders inside or outside of their reporting unit
and, collaborates with internal/external parties as
- 4-year degree required, preferably in accounting
- 7-10 years of varied accounting or financial experience
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- Cash flow analysis experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of Caterpillar business, products,
suppliers and customers, a broad understanding of accounting and
business processes and systems
- Understanding of Resource Industries Division within
- Proven record of success and accomplishments at lower
- Demonstrate high levels of initiative, leadership, good
judgment, and superior communication skills
- Strong analytical, process improvement, problem solving & human
relation skills necessary
- Demonstrated ability to learn and explain complex accounting
- Willingness to relocate to Tucson, Arizona
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national
applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a
specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global
company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the
U.S. which can be found through our employment website at
Employee benefit details
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career.
Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a
Here you earn more than just an hourly wage, because we value
your performance, we offer a total rewards package that provides
day one benefits (medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401K) along with
the potential of a monthly bonus.
Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays
(prorated based upon hire date).
Please frequently check the email associated with your
application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary
correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your
application - please use the candidate log-in on our career website
as it will reflect any updates to your status.
Relocation is available for this position.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including
minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities -
are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent