Applications Engineer Job
Company: Agco Corp.
Posted on: June 9, 2021
The Applications Engineer is the primary technical resource for
the sales team and dealers, and is responsible for reviewing new
project requests for storage, material handling, conditioning, and
structures; identifying and providing recommendations on product
sizing and function for systems projects. The Applications Engineer
must establish and maintain strong relationships with Product
Management, Sales and Engineering on customer requests that require
customization to determine the feasibility and profitability of the
Job Function and Responsibilities
- Evaluate the project scope and utilize advanced grain system
technical knowledge to assist in selecting the correct equipment
per the specific application requested.
- Review project specifications and understand the implications
of the AutoCAD layout drawings of the proposed project.
- Maintain an expert level of knowledge for GSI's product lines,
industry trends, and competitor's products.
- Provide accurate and detailed equipment quotations that meet
the projects required design parameters.
- Coordinate with cross functional teams to provide details to
the customer on the best use of GSI's products and services.
- Maintain accurate records, keeping the commercial project log
up to date.
- Assist with the development of e-tools and provide
technical/product training when required.
- Work within a multi-functional team to ensure GSI is well
positioned in the market and continues to increase market share,
win rates, and margins.
Bachelors of Science in Mechanical, Industrial or Agricultural
Qualifications and Experience
- 6+ years of design engineering or applications engineering
experience in agricultural facility and equipment design.
- Advanced understanding of grain commodity applications.
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office (particularly MS
Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint) AutoCAD and Configure One
- Excellent oral/written communication skills, including
excellent leadership and interpersonal skills, and
relationship-building across functions.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results through influence
rather than control (project leadership/strategic direction).
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills with the ability
to anticipate problems and propose solutions.
AGCO is an equal employment opportunity employer and is
committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of inappropriate
or unlawful conduct on the basis of race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or other
protected group status as provided by law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
Nearest Major Market: Springfield
Job Segment: Application Engineering, Agricultural, Engineer,
Developer, Agronomy, Engineering, Agriculture, Technology
Keywords: Agco Corp., Decatur , Applications Engineer Job, Other , Assumption, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!