Software Engineer I
Company: Patterson Companies
Posted on: June 10, 2021
The Software Engineer I role is to define, develop, test,
analyze, and maintain software applications in support of the
achievement of Patterson software requirements. This includes
writing, coding, testing, and analyzing software programs and
applications. The Software Engineer I will also research, design,
document, and modify software specifications throughout the
development life cycle.
- Collaborate with clients, developers, and other team members in
the conceptualization and development of new or existing software
- Assist in the definition, development, and documentation of
software's business requirements, objectives, deliverables, and
specifications on a project-by-project basis in collaboration with
internal users and departments.
- Help research, identify, analyze, and fulfill requirements of
all internal and external program users and stakeholders.
- Write programming scripts to enhance functionality and/or
performance of company applications as directed.
- Execute software testing on new and existing programs for the
purposes of correcting errors and general debugging.
Agile Team Work
- Participate in defining software development plans, including
scoping, scheduling, and implementation.
- Perform program turnover to production support and customers
upon completion of development, testing, and documentation.
- Provide Level 2 support for incoming incident tickets from end
users to resolve application and software issues.
- Partner with others in resolving problems with software
products or company software systems.
Ethics and Integrity: Acts consistently and makes decisions in
the organization's best interest.
Customer Focus: Makes customer and their needs the primary focus
on one's actions.
Drive for Results: Demonstrates drive, determination, and
ownership to achieve both results and success.
Technical Expertise: Demonstrates and maintains technical and
professional skills or knowledge in position-related areas.
Problem Solving: Uses logic and analytical methods to identify
solutions resulting in effective problem resolution.
Self-Management: Manages time and resources and balances
competing demands to ensure work is completed.
Collaboration: Works effectively with others to achieve a common
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Management Information
Sciences, Mathematics, Engineering, Business, or area of functional
- At least 1 year of programming experience preferred.
- Knowledge of all aspects of application development and project
life cycles, including Agile applications
- Understanding of coding methods and best practices
- Database and operating systems experience
- Demonstrated knowledge in object oriented programming and
- Ability to conduct research into software-related issues and
We provide competitive benefits, unique incentive programs and
rewards for all eligible employees. Please click here for an
overview of benefits offered.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
As a people-first company, Patterson promotes a culture that
embodies and celebrates diversity and inclusivity. We believe our
employees' unique experiences and differences are what strengthen
us and drive our success. We consider all qualified applicants
without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age,
sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
We are Patterson. We welcome you.
Keywords: Patterson Companies, Decatur , Software Engineer I, Other , Effingham, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!