Company: Plug Power Inc.
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Status: Exempt (Salaried)
A proactive business and technology-oriented attorney to serve
as Associate Counsel to support Plug Power's rapid commercial
growth. The Associate Counsel will work directly with Plug Power's
General Counsel on all aspects of advising Plug Power's leadership
team on legal, regulatory and government affairs matters, including
addressing commercial, financial, employment, sales, securities,
litigation, government-relations, and corporate governance issues
arising from Plug Power's business and the international expansion
of its products and services. You will coordinate across the
Finance, Engineering, Sales, HR, Business Development and
Operations sections of the Company. This is a full-time
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the General Counsel on all legal aspects of operating
Plug Power's domestic and international business including sales,
product expansion and research and development.
- Advise on preparing, reviewing, negotiating, and closing a wide
variety of commercial contracts, including, but not limited to,
product development agreements, research collaboration agreements,
supply agreements, mergers and acquisitions, intellectual property
agreements, and other construction, financial, sales, and marketing
- Provide legal input to the Chief Financial Officer and other
in-house and external financial analysts to negotiate, review and
close the Company's project finance transactions, including, but
not limited to, subscription finance agreements and sale lease-back
- Supervise and direct outside counsel on multiple litigation
- Assist with federal and state government relations efforts to,
among others, preservation and extension of the Internal Revenue
Code's Section 48 Investment Tax Credit and other related tax
policies and incentives beneficial for the business and coordinate
with the Company's outside consulting, lobbying and public affairs
firms and the offices of local, state and federal elected officials
and government agencies.
- Ensure work product of the highest quality that furthers Plug
Power's strategic goals.
- Open to domestic and international travel as and when
Education and Experience
- J.D. degree (or foreign equivalent) and membership in at least
one US state bar.
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in a law firm or legal
department of a publicly traded corporation, or a combination
- Experience working directly with business clients, providing
day-to-day input on business, commercial and financial strategies,
resolving issues that arise in commercial relationships, and
handling pre-litigation legal disputes and inquiries.
- Strong knowledge of contract, commercial, technology, energy,
and intellectual property law in a technology and business-growth
context and broad experience of advising on commercial,
transactional and technology issues.
- Must be a self-starting, motivated, assertive, and creative
individual with excellent follow-through capabilities.
Plug Power, Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment
and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any
other legally protected status.
Keywords: Plug Power Inc., Decatur , Associate Counsel, Other , Latham, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!