Patient Registration Specialist
Company: Memorial Health
Posted on: June 11, 2021
To pre-register, register and schedule patients for procedures and
tests at MHS facilities. Collects accurate patient demographic and
billing information in a timely manner. Interviews incoming
patients or Associates, enter information into potential all
appropriate software packages. Serves as a liaison between
ancillary departments and other Patient Access Services areas.
- High School Graduate or equivalent required.
- One year customer service experience preferred. Previous
clerical, medical terminology, medical office, registration or
billing experience preferred.
- Word processing/computer application experience and knowledge
- Minimum typing skill of 40 WPM preferred.
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal and communication
- Demonstrates ability to work independently.
- Greet the majority of visitors and patients, answer patient
questions (via telephone/ in person) and give directional
- Effectively perform general clerical/administrative
- Responsible for completing all steps of
pre-registration/registration including patient interview,
obtaining of signatures, providing Advance Directive information
and distributes hospital specific literature.
- Pre-register and register all types of patients in multiple
- Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized and function
well in stressful situations.
- Maintains a professional demeanor in respect to patients and
- Ability to conduct financial collections and referrals for
Financial Counseling. Ability to interview/prescreen self pay
patients for possible financial assistance.
- Understands and complies with state and federal regulations as
well as hospital, department and The Joint Commission policies and
procedures related to patient access.
- Communicates with ancillary department, physicians, medical
offices and within Patient Financial Services department.
- Conducts insurance verification tasks, pre-certification, or
referral information from MD offices and/or insurance companies and
authorization for elective and emergent patients.
- Ability to complete legal admission paperwork for psychiatric
admits in accordance to DHS guidelines.
- Ensures accurate documentation of patient information.
- Responsible for checking and re-stocking supplies as
- Participates in performance improvement activities for the
department and organization.
- Adheres to all HIPAA guidelines and patient confidentiality
- Completes annual educational and training requirements
- Promotes the mission, vision, and goals of the organization and
Keywords: Memorial Health, Decatur , Patient Registration Specialist, Other , Decatur, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!