Company: SSM Health
Posted on: July 19, 2021
*Sign-On Bonus Eligible*
Looking for a RN opportunity where patients come first, and you
are valued as a team member? This position is full-time
working in our Surgery Department at St. Mary's Hospital in
Centralia, IL. As an RN, you will be a vital member of the
care team for our patients. At SSM Health, we know the
healing power of presence begins with compassionate people like
you. If this is a role that appeals to you and interests you, apply
with us today! Come join the Surgery staff today!
This role is a full-time (40 hrs/week) day shift position with
call rotations including weekends and holidays. Hours are Monday
-Friday 6:45 am - 3:15 pm plus call.
Delivers professional nursing care in the operative setting to
patients undergoing surgical or other invasive procedures.
- Performs scrub functions including the selection and handling
of instruments and supplies used during procedure.
- Performs circulating functions including monitoring, recording
and communicating patient condition and managing overall nursing
care of patient before, during and after procedure.
- Directly assists operating physician with surgical tasks
including hemostasis, suturing and wound exposure as well as
- Prepares operating rooms and surgical instruments and equipment
- Applies the existing body of evidence-based practice and
scientific knowledge in health care to nursing practice, ensuring
that nursing care is delivered based on patient’s age-specific
needs and clinical needs as described in the department's Scope of
- As an SSM Health nurse, I will demonstrate the professional
nursing standards defined in the professional practice model.
Uses the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses to guide his/her response to
the current and evolving health and nursing needs of our patients
and our patient populations.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting,
gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.
Keywords: SSM Health, Decatur , RN Surgery, Other , Centralia, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!