Dextrose Lab Tech, Dec
Company: 1101 Tate & Lyle Ingredients Americas LLC
Posted on: July 20, 2021
This position reports to the Dextrose Lab Manager and the Plant
Quality Assurance Manager. The work includes instrumental analysis
of process streams and products utilizing HPLC, AA, FTIR, and
UV/vis spectrophotometers, refractometers, pH, conductivity meters
and other devices, as well as physical testing with moisture
balance, sieves, and microscope. The person in this position will
be expected to work with the Dextrose Lab Manager to gain
understanding of the maintenance and repair of laboratory
equipment, and help maintain the laboratory equipment in the
Dextrose lab. The understanding of SAP production and shipment
transactions will be required. The data generated is used to
support the manufacturing processes and for quality control of
finished products. Data entry may be made into MDE, and SAP. Data
sharing is also conducted by hard copy, FAX, phone, or
spreadsheets. This position requires 12 hour shifts and some shift
flexibility to cover vacations and other absences.
- Prepare samples for testing and operate instruments used to
perform the testing.
- Perform wet chemistry testing.
- Post information in SAP, MDE, Electronic Logbook,
- Prepare and send Certificates of Analysis for finished product
- Have a technical understanding of the operation of the
- Have the ability to troubleshoot and repair laboratory
Four year college degree with technical training in biological,
physical, or engineering sciences or associates degree with 5 years
proven lab experience preferred. Additional qualifications include:
- Proven technical skills including experience with various
laboratory methodology and equipment.
- Good troubleshooter of lab equipment and maintenance
- A customer focus and understanding of customer needs
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize with a and attention to
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment/adapt to changing
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be a self-starter
- Excellent computer skills
California Consumer Privacy Act ("CCPA")
The Company is committed to complying with the California
Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) and all data privacy and laws in the
jurisdictions in which it recruits and hires employees. We collect
the following categories of personal information for the purpose of
hiring the best qualified applicants and to comply with applicable
employment laws: Name and contact information; Job preference and
work availability; Social Security Number and/or other
identification information; Education and qualifications;
Employment history and experience; Military service; Reference and
background check information, including relevant criminal history
and credit history; Social media information; Pre-employment test
results; Post-offer medical examination information and results,
including drug test results; Voluntary self-disclosure information
regarding minority, veteran, and disability status; and Information
provided by you during the hiring process.
Tate & Lyle is an equal opportunity employer, committed to
the strength of an inclusive workforce.
Keywords: 1101 Tate & Lyle Ingredients Americas LLC, Decatur , Dextrose Lab Tech, Dec, Other , Decatur, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!