The TMS Manager partners with Operations, Procurement, IT,
3rd Party IT Vendors and Carriers to manage our Oracle TMS for use
in Truck, Rail and Ocean. In addition to systems maintenance
and continuous improvement, the TMS Manager will also be
responsible for developing and executing future strategies
regarding Transportation Management Systems. The position is
a Functional role but some configuration ability will be
At Tate and Lyle, we are dedicated to making more than
extraordinary ingredients. We are a purpose driven company
dedicated to improving lives for generations through supporting
healthy living, building thriving communities, and caring for our
Our NOAM Transportation Team is based from our Decatur, Illinois
Office. We oversee ~ 10,000 shipments per month across Truck,
Rail and Ocean from a network of plants, warehouses and terminals
across North America.
About the role
With a strong working knowledge of Supply Chain operations, with
specific focus on Transportation Planning and Management, this
functional role serves as the subject matter expert for
Transportation Management Systems and connecting with IT for
development opportunities. You should have a strong
understanding of – standardized TMS implementation
methodology (e.g. Assess / Build / Learn / Execute) with experience
in configuration, planning and optimization software to conduct
“what if” scenarios for freight consolidation, pooling, scheduling
and other analysis.
More specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Participating in cross-functional teams in the design, testing
and implementation of TMS software solutions.
- Analyzing orders and planning shipment activity using TMS.
- Optimizing to include consolidation, best carrier and mode in
- Enhancing carrier utilization while maintaining customer
service and on time deliveries.
- Proactively developing, recommending, implementing cost savings
- Creating Carrier Dashboards and measuring Carrier
- Implementing Tracking systems for outbound shipments.
- Building and maintaining carrier relationships.
- Reviewing production planning to ensure adequate capacity with
- Working closely with internal external stakeholders to create
system based solutions which improve utilization and reduce supply
- Management responsibilities for the T&L 3rd Party TMS
- Primary manager of roles and access to TMS.
- Oversite of load planning and execution within TMS.
What you’ll need to have
You will have combined functional and technical experience and
strong familiarity and comfort with relational databases, business
process flow diagrams, file manipulation, some ability to write SQL
queries and to read PL/SQL code and scripts, etc. Plus, the
- 5+ years of experience with TMS Transportation
- Experience configuring, and/or integrating freight
transportation management system (TMS), preferably Oracle or
another leading TMS (Lean, JDA, OTM, Manhattan, etc.) is
- Experience with 1 or more full lifecycle implementations in a
- 5+ years of experience conducting the following activities
requirements gathering, Fit-gap analysis, Functional design
process, system testing, and solution delivery, UAT support
- Experience using analytics and metrics to assess Transportation
optimization performance, carrier performance and operational
performance to identify and quantify improvement
- 3+ years of EDI or XML experience
- SAP experience preferred.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- High degree of analytic skills
- Strong Excel skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Ability to function well within a cross-functional team
This role is based from our Decatur, Illinois office but note
that we are fully remote working until later this year.
What we can offer you
At Tate & Lyle you will have to opportunity to drive end to end
to end solutions, while owning a high level of accountability and
ownership. Additionally, you will have access to:
- Flexible working policy
- Competitive salary & bonus eligibility (based on business
- Company pension scheme
- Healthcare/Medical insurance
- Life assurance
California Consumer Privacy Act ("CCPA")
The Company is committed to complying with the California
Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) and all data privacy and laws in the
jurisdictions in which it recruits and hires employees. We collect
the following categories of personal information for the purpose of
hiring the best qualified applicants and to comply with applicable
employment laws: Name and contact information; Job preference and
work availability; Social Security Number and/or other
identification information; Education and qualifications;
Employment history and experience; Military service; Reference and
background check information, including relevant criminal history
and credit history; Social media information; Pre-employment test
results; Post-offer medical examination information and results,
including drug test results; Voluntary self-disclosure information
regarding minority, veteran, and disability status; and Information
provided by you during the hiring process.
Tate & Lyle is an equal opportunity employer, committed to
the strength of an inclusive workforce.