Production Supervisor (Overnight)
Company: PLASTIC SPECIALITIES & TECHNOLOGIES
Posted on: July 22, 2021
We are actively recruiting for a 3rd Shift
Supervisor for our Clinton, IL plant location within our
Action Technology Division of Tekni-Plex.
This position is under the direction of the Production Manager.
Primary functions include directing and coordinating the line
manufacturing operations of third shift to the company standards
for quality, safety, quantity, cost, efficiencies, and
profitability. This position serves as the primary conduit
for fostering a work environment consistent with company philosophy
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Assists in interviewing production new hires, training
employees; planning, assigning, and directing work for 15-25
- Assists in appraising performance; addressing complaints and
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Engage employees in the company’s “My Choice is Zero Accidents”
philosophy. Train employees in safe work practices, proactive
safety programs and measure performance to company
- Good troubleshooting skills; ability to diagnose and correct
machinery and process issues.
- Addresses quality issues with employees and is responsible for
the completion of root cause analysis and corrective action
- Professional communication skills; use tact, be a good
listener, and use empathy when communicating with others in any
- Ability to coach and mentor on an individual basis, as well as
- Motivates employees for strong work performance and high
- Strong organizational skills.
- Track and communicate production metrics providing visibility
to applicable team members.
- Complete and distribute shift reports at the end of each
- Human capital management: Continually train and develop second
shift employees to achieve a workforce that performs at a high
- Manage payroll, PTO, and attendance for all subordinates.
- Perpetual contributions to cost-savings initiatives through
improvements in efficiencies.
- Ensure that established policies, rules, regulations, and
procedures are followed.
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements
listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or
- Five years experience in a manufacturing environment.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Computer skills are required; intermediate experience with MS
Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Must be able to use precision measuring devices such as;
micrometer, calipers, and squares.
We offer a full complement of valuable Health, Wellness, and
Welfare benefits which include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life and Disability
- 401(k) and Match
- Wellness Program including EAP
- Pay for Performance philosophy
- Five years experience in a manufacturing environment
Keywords: PLASTIC SPECIALITIES & TECHNOLOGIES, Decatur , Production Supervisor (Overnight), Other , Clinton, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!