Sterile Processing Technician
Company: Memorial Health
Posted on: September 12, 2021
Cleans and assembles equipment and instruments; maintains supplies
in the reprocessing room.
*This is a full-time, evening, position*
Education and/or Other Requirements
High school diploma or equivalent is required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
- Knowledge of endoscopes or procedures or medical supplies is
helpful. Must be accurate and have good organizational skills.
General Skill Requirements
In addition to the Essential Functions and Qualifications listed
above, to perform the job successfully an individual must also
possess the following General Skill Requirements.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment;
Manages competing demands; Accepts criticism and feedback; Changes
approach or method to best fit the situation; ability to work with
frustrating situations; work under pressure and on an irregular
schedule such as unscheduled overtime, unanticipated changes in
work pace; Works with numerous distractions.
- Attendance and Punctuality - Schedules time off in advance;
Begins working on time; Keeps absences within guidelines; Ensures
work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings
and appointments on time.
- Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally;
Expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; Exhibits good
listening and comprehension; Keeps others adequately informed;
Selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
- Cooperation - Establishes and maintains effective relations;
Exhibits tact and consideration; Displays positive outlook and
pleasant manner; Offers assistance and support to co-workers; Works
cooperatively in group situations; Works actively to resolve
- Job Knowledge - Competent in required job skills and knowledge;
Exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills; Keeps abreast of
current developments; Requires minimal supervision; Displays
understanding of how job relates to others; Uses resources
- Judgment - displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits
sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for
decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process;
Makes timely decisions; ability to work with and maintain
- Problem solving - Identifies problems in a timely manner;
Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative
solutions; Resolves problems in early stages; Works well in group
problem solving situations.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Displays
commitment to excellence; Looks for ways to improve and promote
quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work
to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in
timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly;
Achieves established goals.
- Concentration - Maintains attention to detail over extended
period of time; continually aware of variations in changing
- Supervision - ability to perform work independently or with
minimal supervision; ability to assign and/or review work; train
and/or evaluate other employees.
- Decontaminates scopes, cameras and equipment for department,
following all manufacturer's guidelines and OSHA Blood and Body
- Inspects and dismantles and reassembles, if appropriate, prior
- Reports broken or damaged scopes and equipment.
- Provides decontamination and reprocessing for ancillary areas,
such as Emergency Care Center, Anesthesia Department and Surgery
- Responsible for proper reprocessing of scopes and
- Maintains reprocessing machines, chemicals, and administrative
- Adheres to and documents biological testing.
- Stores and rotates supplies; cleans and restocks assigned
- Responsible for outdated supplies/instruments in assigned
- Assists all personnel in locating or delivering necessary
scopes or supplies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Memorial Health, Decatur , Sterile Processing Technician, Other , Decatur, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!