Company: Memorial Health
Posted on: September 12, 2021
Provides spiritual counseling and guidance to patients of all ages,
families and employees.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
- Must be able to provide own transportation. Must have a basic
understanding of the various religious faiths. Must be able to
share on-call time with other staff members.
General Skill Requirements
In addition to the Essential Functions and Qualifications listed
above, to perform the job successfully an individual must also
possess the following General Skill Requirements.
Education and/or Other Requirements
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment;
Manages competing demands; Accepts criticism and feedback; Changes
approach or method to best fit the situation; ability to work with
frustrating situations; work under pressure and on an irregular
schedule such as unscheduled overtime, unanticipated changes in
work pace; Works with numerous distractions.
- Attendance and Punctuality - Schedules time off in advance;
Begins working on time; Keeps absences within guidelines; Ensures
work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings
and appointments on time.
- Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally;
Expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; Exhibits good
listening and comprehension; Keeps others adequately informed;
Selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
- Cooperation - Establishes and maintains effective relations;
Exhibits tact and consideration; Displays positive outlook and
pleasant manner; Offers assistance and support to co-workers; Works
cooperatively in group situations; Works actively to resolve
- Job Knowledge - Competent in required job skills and knowledge;
Exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills; Keeps abreast of
current developments; Requires minimal supervision; Displays
understanding of how job relates to others; Uses resources
- Judgment - displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits
sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for
decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process;
Makes timely decisions; ability to work with and maintain
- Problem solving - Identifies problems in a timely manner;
Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative
solutions; Resolves problems in early stages; Works well in group
problem solving situations.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Displays
commitment to excellence; Looks for ways to improve and promote
quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work
to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in
timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly;
Achieves established goals.
- Concentration - Maintains attention to detail over extended
period of time; continually aware of variations in changing
- Supervision - ability to perform work independently or with
minimal supervision; ability to assign and/or review work; train
and/or evaluate other employees.
Must have met educational requirements for their denomination. Must
be in good standing with their church's governing body. Must be
willing to take C.P.O. classes upon request. Experience in hospital
setting preferred. Courses in psychology desired. Valid Driver's
- Establishes a relationship of trust and respect with patients,
families and staff and provides pastoral/spiritual counsel in times
of personal need.
- Conducts a service of worship in the Continuing Care Center and
- Interacts with clergy from all faiths and creeds.
- Visits patients in their rooms, giving priority to patients
referred by a physician, nurse, pastor or family member.
- Gives special attention to those who are anxious, depressed,
facing surgery or near death and to those listed as DNR.
- Provides the ministry of Holy Communion and Baptism when
- Provides spiritual support and counsel for Hospice and Home
Health Care patients and their families as directed as needed.
- Shares on call coverage for hospital, hospice, and home care
- Interacts positively with and provides support to volunteer
- Conducts memorial services for families of patients who have
died in the hospital.
- Responds to medical emergencies throughout the hospital.
- Works cooperatively with the Hospice interdisciplinary
- Provides support and follows procedures when responding to an
- Participates in the Hospice Interdisciplinary Team meetings as
- Shares information appropriately with Hospice team and other
chaplains for follow up visits and continuity of care.
- Meets requirements for accurate and timely written
- Maintains good personal and working relationships with hospital
- Conducts chaplaincy interventions with appropriate recognition
of the functions of other disciplines.
- Provides informal counseling and acts as a resource person for
employees upon request.
- Assumes responsibility for personal growth and
- Participates in department training sessions.
- Reads pertinent material as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Memorial Health, Decatur , Hospice chaplain, Other , Decatur, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!