Registered Nurse, Endoscopy
Company: Memorial Health
Posted on: September 12, 2021
The Endoscopy RN at Decatur Memorial Hospital is part of a
tight-knit collaborative team, working in the outpatient Endoscopy
Center as well as the Endoscopy unit at the hospital. In this role,
they work with physicians during endoscopic procedures such as
colonoscopy, EGD, ERCP, bronchoscopy, and other minor procedures.
The Endoscopy RN is responsible for patient care before, during,
and after procedures. This position provides the opportunity to
learn new skills, such as conscious sedation, and obtaining or
maintaining ACLS certification.
This is a full-time role with a schedule of Monday - Friday day
shift, with a weekly on-call rotation.
NURSING GOAL: A goal of nursing is to educate and restore a patient
to an optimal level of wellness as defines by the patient and their
families and incorporate preventative measures.
Education and/or Other Requirements
Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing. Current
registration or eligibility for licensure with the State of
Illinois for practice as a professional nurse.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
- Current Hepatitis b vaccination
- Will complete additional training or demonstrate competency in
skills identified in the unit-specific competency plan and skills
- Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and
strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security
operations for the protection of people, data, property, and
- Ability to listen to and understand information and ideas
presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce
answers that make sense.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in
- Ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules
- Gives full attention to what other people are saying, taking
time to understand the points being made, asking questions as
appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Ability to see details at close range.
- Actively looks for ways to help people.
- Understand written sentences and paragraphs in work related
- Awareness of other's reactions and understanding why they react
as they do.
- Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and
weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to
Keywords: Memorial Health, Decatur , Registered Nurse, Endoscopy, Other , Decatur, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!