The Construction Engineer is accountable to the Director,
Manufacturing. They will also work closely with the Technical
Manager, Contractors, EHSQS team, Management Team, other Engineers,
and Plant Coordinators
Tate & Lyle is a global provider of ingredients and solutions to
the food, beverage and other industries, operating from more than
30 locations around the world. Through large scale, efficient
manufacturing plants, Tate & Lyle turns raw materials into
distinctive, high quality ingredients. These ingredients and
solutions add taste, texture, nutrition and increased functionality
to products that millions of people around the world use or consume
every day. We are the secret ingredient to Make Food
Extraordinary in some of the world’s best loved brands. Could
you be ours?
This role will contribute to the planning, design of plant
projects, allocating resources to each of the project's stages,
safety activities, and overseeing the engineering processes of
Safety accountabilities – EHSQS Critical Role Level 2
Protecting our people and the environment is foundational
to our business
Each team member is expected to support the Tate & Lyle culture
where Environment, Health and Safety are the overriding values in
all activities. Every team member is accountable for working safely
and complying with all EHSQS policies, procedures and regulations
relevant to their work and is expected to speak up and intervene to
prevent unsafe conditions and to respect fellow workers and the
communities in which we work. Included in this is abidance
with our Life Saving Principles (LSPs) and our STOP WORK AUTHORITY
which are developed to strengthen our workplace safety, prevent
serious injury or loss of life.
Level 2 – Key Role
- Drive EHSQS Excellence Culture and Improvements in Area
- Focus on EHSQS Systems, Policies & Procedures and their
effects on day-to-day operations
- Audit and Review EHSQS effectiveness in area
As a member of the Operations Team, incumbent shares overall
• Leading/ Modelling and area accountability of adherence to
Global / local EHSQS Policy and Procedures
• Meeting objectives and targets for EHSQS performance and
• Assigning responsibility and authority for EHSQS
• Providing the adequate resources needed to implement the
• Ensuring knowledge and skills are developed to effectively
apply the EHSQS systems and standards
• Reviewing the EHSQS system to ensure its continuing
suitability, adequacy, effectiveness
• Actively communicating leadership and commitment that is
visible to the organization
Construction Engineer Responsibilities:
- Managing the planning and design stages of construction
- Contributing technical expertise to project drawings and
- Performing cost calculations and preparing financial
- Preparing work schedules in collaboration with the project
- Liaising between contractors, subcontractors, vendors, and
- Overseeing construction engineering processes.
- Performing regular tests on materials and procedures to ensure
compliance with industry regulations.
- Ensuring that the construction project is completed on time and
- Documenting processes and keeping detailed construction
FES Duty of Care:
- Carry out responsibilities/duties according to food safety,
legal and quality requirements so as to ensure that our products
are fit for human consumption.
- Comply with all environmental standards, procedures and work
instructions at all times.
- Report any environmental violations or near misses in order to
prevent any impact upon the local environment, its inhabitants and
Tate & Lyle.
Health & Safety
- Adhere to the safety policies, procedures and site rules.
- Fully participate in the safety program, including reporting
any incidents or near misses and auditing.
The incumbent will be measured against site EHSQS, Quality,
Production, Reliability and Leadership goals
Skills and experience required
- At least 2 years’ experience as a construction engineer in the
relevant field of specialization.
- In-depth knowledge of construction industry regulations.
- Exceptional leadership, project management, decision-making,
and problem-solving skills.
- Great mathematical, organizational, and time-management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate with a variety of stakeholders.
- Availability to visit the construction site outside of business
hours, when relevant.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical
engineering technology, or similar.
California Consumer Privacy Act ("CCPA")
The Company is committed to complying with the California
Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) and all data privacy and laws in the
jurisdictions in which it recruits and hires employees. We collect
the following categories of personal information for the purpose of
hiring the best qualified applicants and to comply with applicable
employment laws: Name and contact information; Job preference and
work availability; Social Security Number and/or other
identification information; Education and qualifications;
Employment history and experience; Military service; Reference and
background check information, including relevant criminal history
and credit history; Social media information; Pre-employment test
results; Post-offer medical examination information and results,
including drug test results; Voluntary self-disclosure information
regarding minority, veteran, and disability status; and Information
provided by you during the hiring process.
Tate & Lyle is an equal opportunity employer, committed to
the strength of an inclusive workforce.