Surgical Technologist, RN or LPN Scrub
Company: SSM Health
Posted on: September 15, 2021
This is a full-time day shift position at St. Mary's Hospital in
Centralia, Illinois. Hours are Monday through Friday 6:50 am to
3:15 pm but can start at 6:30 for surgery. Some on-call shift
through the week and weekends. Some late shifts. Certified Surgical
Tech, RN or LPN scrub can be considered.
Responsible for the provision of patient care activities and
related non-professional services necessary for the care of
patients and the maintenance of the Operating Room under the
direction of a Registered Nurse. Sets up Operating Room with needed
items for patient care; gathers supplies, x-rays, instruments,
etc., for cases; handles instruments during procedures.
Communicates information to the RN regarding patients.
- Practices and implements the technical components of patient
care under the supervision of a registered nurse.
- Collaborates with the RN and other healthcare professionals. to
implement a plan of care that incorporates physician preferences,
nursing assessments and diagnostic data in a manner that is
prioritized, timely, and integrated with the plan of care.
- Prepares equipment, supply and resource needs based on an
individualized plan of care. Re-evaluates and modifies
resource needs as needed.
- Communicates accurate and timely information to the Registered
Nurse regarding patients in their care.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to perform all
aspects of a variety of surgical procedures. Maintains
knowledge and skills to properly operate all surgical equipment and
instruments. Utilizes appropriate aseptic technique when
handling supplies, instruments, and equipment.
- Follows laboratory policy and procedure to correctly handle and
label all laboratory specimens.
- Documents quality controls thoroughly and accurately according
to unit specific standards.
- Demonstrates competence in problem solving, conflict
resolution, and team building. Serves as a resource to other
- Organizes and utilizes time efficiently. Demonstrates
appropriate prioritization. Maintains an organized work
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of a technical program for operating room
- Constant use of vision to judge distances and spatial
relationships and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Constant use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Constant lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent lifting/moving patients.
- Frequent bending, stooping, reaching and gripping.
- Frequent use of clear vision at 20 inches or less.
- Frequent use of speech to share information through oral
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing over 50 lbs.
- Occasional use of clear vision at 20 feet or more.
- Occasional use of sitting, squatting, twisting and repetitive
foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional keyboard use/data entry.
- Rare kneeling.
Keywords: SSM Health, Decatur , Surgical Technologist, RN or LPN Scrub, Other , Centralia, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!