Medical Lab Technician, Nights
Company: SSM Health
Posted on: September 15, 2021
This is a full-time night shift position at St. Mary's Hospital
in Centralia, Illinois.
Do you have a passion for delivering excellence in service? Do
you enjoy being detail-oriented and producing quality results? Our
Mission and Values put the patient first and place you in a
position to improve each day. As a Medical Lab Technician, you’ve
chosen a career where patients matter—a lot. As a Medical Lab
Technician, you play an important role in patient care in the
hospital. If the needs, wants and goals of each patient matter to
you, then we'd love to learn more! Please fill out your application
This position is Monday through Thursday, hours are 8 pm to 6:30
am with some rotating holidays. No weekends or on call. Can
consider MLS - must be certified through ASCP.
Under general direction, performs routine and complex technical
laboratory analyses using established procedures and protocols.
Performs chemical, microscopic, and bacteriologic tests to obtain
data for use in diagnosis and treatment of patients.
- Performs a full range of laboratory tests from simple blood
tests to more complex tests.
- Assesses specimens for correct handling and quality.
- Confirms the accuracy of test results and reports findings to
- Operates complex electronic equipment, computers and precision
- Performs and evaluates quality control procedures.
- Performs periodic maintenance and assists with the calibration
- Assists with the proper storage of hazardous materials.
- Maintains competencies and continuing education to keep
informed of new developments in field.
- Assists in the proficiency testing program in the lab.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree Medical Lab Science/Medical Lab Tech
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reaching and repetitive
foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through
oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Frequent keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting and
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Rare climbing.
Keywords: SSM Health, Decatur , Medical Lab Technician, Nights, Other , Centralia, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!