Technical Specialist, Lab
Company: SSM Health
Posted on: September 15, 2021
This is a full-time 40 hours per week position at St. Mary's
Hospital in Centralia, Illinois. Hours are Monday through Friday 6
am to 2 pm with rotating weekends and holidays. Must have Associate
degree and 3 years of technical experience in a lab setting.
Under the general direction, is responsible for the technical and
scientific oversight of the testing performed in the area of
- Ensures compliance of requirements in the technical component
and practices mandated by regulatory and accrediting agencies
including: (1) Verification of test procedures; (2) Enrollment in
approved proficiency testing program; (3) Resolution of technical
problems; (4) Accurate reporting and properly functioning systems;
(5) Assists in the evaluation of individual competencies and
ensures that individuals performing test procedures maintain
competency; (6) Performs and manages quality control testing to
monitor instrument operation by recognizing trends and follows
quality control rules to initiate troubleshooting: (7) Updates
policies and procedure manuals in areas of responsibility,
participates in performance improvement activities, and monitors
staff for compliance while reporting non-compliance to appropriate
leader; (8) Participates in meetings with other peer lab sections
in the region to enhance quality of testing and maintain
standardization; (9) Performs routine and stat analysis as needed
to provide accurate and timely results in a 24/7 laboratory
operation; and (10) May perform special analysis and specimen
processing as needed.
- Assists leadership on projects of medium to high complexity and
- Assists in the proficiency testing program in the lab.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree or equivalent years of experience and
- Three years' technical experience in a laboratory setting
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reaching and repetitive
foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through
oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Frequent keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting and
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Rare climbing.
Keywords: SSM Health, Decatur , Technical Specialist, Lab, Other , Centralia, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!