Veterans Preferred - CATEGORY LEADER/SPECIALIST
Posted on: November 16, 2021
Military Veterans are Encouraged to Apply. Category
Leader/Specialist - MRO -Various locations: Decatur, IL. Chicago,
IL. or Erlanger, KY.
This is an exempt level position.
The Category Leader/Specialist - MRO, partners with all Operational
functions and business partners to develop and execute long term
Procurement strategies aligned with business goals. The Category
Leader/Specialists primary function is to implement sound,
innovative MRO supply strategies through market intelligence,
sourcing, supplier selection, contract negotiation, and supplier
performance management, using ADM's 7-step sourcing process. The
Category Leader/Specialist will also develop processes to ensure
stakeholder engagement and data-driven decision making. He/she will
prepare non-disclosure agreements, requests for quotes/proposals
and negotiate global agreements for numerous MRO categories.
- Evaluate market intelligence, internal business goals and
historical spend to determine strategic opportunities.
- Prepare and issue requests for quote, proposal or information
to qualified suppliers.
- Analyze supplier responses and make data-driven sourcing
- Act as prime negotiator with suppliers on price, terms,
quality, service, and other business requirements.
- Develop and implement contractual framework in close
cooperation with legal.
- Establish short and long term category metrics and TCO savings
targets, monitor performance, and communicate these to
- Manage supplier expectations and key performance metrics.
- Apply eSourcing best practices to all sourcing events.
- Serve as a single point of contact for up to 20 MRO categories
to ensure maximum leverage is consistently utilized.
- Establish robust communication plan to keep internal business
partners informed of progress and benefits of Procurement
- Partner with internal risk and compliance groups to ensure
category strategies are compliant with relevant laws, regulations,
and risk policies.
- Act as change agent and advocate for Procurement as a value
- Develop and implement process improvements and cost savings
initiatives with suppliers.
- Commercial skills and familiarity with contract law
- Competent in financial analysis
- Customer solutions focused
- Proven negotiations skills
- Skilled in cost/benefit analysis and alternative decision
- Technology adept (eProcurement and P2P systems, standard Office
- Capacity to develop advanced strategies
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks efficiently and
- Global awareness (culture, currencies, geography,
- Continuous ImprovementInterpersonal Skills
- Communications (oral/written)
- Ability to influence and lead outcome
- Forward, visionary thinker
- Skilled at relationship management, with internal and external
- Team orientedEducational and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, or related
field is required
- A Master's degree in Business is desired
- Minimum of six (6) years professional work experience with four
(4) years in purchasing for global companies
- In-depth understanding of various contracting models is
strongly desiredRelocation assistance is available with this
PLEASE NOTE: The preferred location for this position is Decatur,
IL. Other possible locations are Erlanger, KY, New Orleans, LA and
IL - Illinois
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veterans
At ADM, we unlock the power of nature to provide access to
nutrition worldwide. With industry-advancing innovations, a
complete portfolio of ingredients and solutions to meet any taste,
and a commitment to sustainability, we give customers an edge in
solving the nutritional challenges of today and tomorrow. We're a
global leader in human and animal nutrition and the world's premier
agricultural origination and processing company. Our breadth,
depth, insights, facilities and logistical expertise give us
unparalleled capabilities to meet needs for food, beverages, health
and wellness, and more. From the seed of the idea to the outcome of
the solution, we enrich the quality of life the world over. Learn
more at www.adm.com.
Keywords: ADM, Decatur , Veterans Preferred - CATEGORY LEADER/SPECIALIST, Other , Decatur, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!