Veterans Preferred - Scientist (I), Small Scale Fermentation - Decatur, IL
Posted on: November 16, 2021
Military Veterans are Encouraged to Apply. Scientist (I), Small
Scale Fermentation - Decatur, IL
ADM Research & Development
This is an exempt level position.
We have an opening for a scientist to carry out fermentations at
bench top mini-bioreactors for a range of processes aimed at
producing amino acids, organic acids, hydrocolloids, and enzymes at
our Corporate Research Center in Decatur, IL!
This role will assist a team with the set-up, execution, and
trouble-shooting of fermentations! It will also engage with
continuous improvement of fermentation processes, operational
issues, and safety; and perform basic maintenance on fermentation
- Work within a team to execute fermentations at 1.3 L scale
according to plans
- Conduct sample analysis, document data properly and in a timely
- Work using aseptic techniques and maintain a clean workspace
- Conduct basic maintenance of fermentation and analytical
- Develop fermentation protocols and create corresponding
documentation such as SOPs and Job Safety Assessments (JSAs)
- Contribute to continuous improvement efforts on execution of
fermentations and laboratory safety
Skills and Proficiencies
Skills and experiences required or useful:
- MSc or BSc in microbiology, fermentation science, or related
- 1-4 years of experience with small scale fermentation systems,
working on aerobic or anaerobic fermentation of bacteria, yeast, or
- A self-motivator
- Solid understanding of fermentation equipment, troubleshooting,
- Experience with sample analysis including but not limited to OD,
YSI, FTIR, etc.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with both
technical and non-technical personnel
- Preferred candidate will have industrial biotechnology
experience, demonstrating delivery of value to the business through
execution of projects
- Ability to work within a diverse, multidisciplinary team
- Ability to ensure safety in the workplace
Relocation assistance is available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including
401K/ESOP, pension, health, life, vision, and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of a pre-employment drug
screen and a background check.
IL - Illinois
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veterans
At ADM, we unlock the power of nature to provide access to
nutrition worldwide. With industry-advancing innovations, a
complete portfolio of ingredients and solutions to meet any taste,
and a commitment to sustainability, we give customers an edge in
solving the nutritional challenges of today and tomorrow. We're a
global leader in human and animal nutrition and the world's premier
agricultural origination and processing company. Our breadth,
depth, insights, facilities and logistical expertise give us
unparalleled capabilities to meet needs for food, beverages, health
and wellness, and more. From the seed of the idea to the outcome of
the solution, we enrich the quality of life the world over. Learn
more at www.adm.com.
Keywords: ADM, Decatur , Veterans Preferred - Scientist (I), Small Scale Fermentation - Decatur, IL, Other , Decatur, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!