Company: AGCO Corp.
Posted on: January 15, 2022
The Machine Operator operates various machines such as a CNC and a
Saw. Fabricates material to specification, from job orders and
document production data.
* Follow required safety and work procedures.
* Set-up, adjust, program, calibrate and perform preventative
maintenance on fabrication equipment.
* Fabricate material to specification, from job order and document
production data at a level of output that minimizes production
* Utilize quality checks to ensure all systems are set for correct
operational sequencing and to meet product standards.
* Maintain a clean and orderly work area to 5S Standards.
* Implement all aspects of AGCO Lean and Quality Management
* Other responsibilities as assigned.
Employees/temporary employees are responsible for individual
compliance with all safety rules, policies and procedures.
Associate responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the
* Other responsibilities as assigned.
* Comply with all safety rules, policies and procedures.
* Report any unsafe practices and/or conditions to their
* Wear required personal protective equipment (PPE) and report any
* Report all near-misses, incidents, injuries, illnesses, including
mobile equipment or property damage.
* Participation in the site Safety and Health Program.
High school diploma or GED.
Qualifications and Experience
* Previous manufacturing experience preferred.
* Basic computer skills.
* Understanding of how to use measuring instruments (calipers,
protractor, tape measure, steel ruler), read blueprints and operate
hand grinder and other hand tools.
* Ability to read, write and use basic math skills (addition,
subtraction, multiplication and division).
* Strong mechanical aptitude with the ability to follow precise
* Ability to communicate effectively with peers, managers and
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee works with
and near large machinery and equipment daily. The noise level in
the work environment is usually loud. The employee is exposed to a
variety of extreme conditions including temperatures ranging from
40 -F to 105 -F.
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be
met by an employee to successfully perform the essential job
functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel,
crouch or craw and frequently required to use hands and fingers to
handle or feel; and reach with hands or arms. The employee must be
able to stand for up to twelve hours per day. The employee must
occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and ability to adjust focus.
The employee must wear personal protective equipment (i.e. eye
protection, hearing protection, safety shoes, gloves, sleeves,
No travel is expected for this position.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
AGCO is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed
to maintaining a workplace that is free of inappropriate or
unlawful conduct on the basis of race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or other
protected group status as provided by law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
Nearest Major Market: Springfield
Job Segment: Temporary, CNC, Quality Manager, Equipment Operator,
Compliance, Contract, Manufacturing, Quality, Legal
Keywords: AGCO Corp., Decatur , Machine Operator, Other , Assumption, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!