Supervisor - Warehouse - Hiring Now
Company: Stratas Foods
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Stratas Foods LLC is the leading supplier of fats and oils to the
Foodservice, Food Ingredients and Retail Private Label markets in
North America and is a producer of quality bulk and packaged
dressings, mayonnaise and sauces. Stratas Foods was formed in
October 2008 as a 50/50 joint venture between ACH Food Companies
(ACH) and Archer Daniels Midland (ADM).
Manufacturing facilities are located in Dallas and Houston, TX;
Decatur and Quincy, IL; Englewood, NJ; Fresno, CA; Nashville, TN;
and Valdosta, GA. Corporate offices are located in Memphis, TN. We
are committed to maintaining a progressive workplace by utilizing
the ideas, skills and talents of all of our employees. We strive to
make Stratas Foods a great place to work and are building a team
capable of meeting our business goals.
This position is responsible for the safe and effective use of all
people, time and material in meeting assigned production schedules.
Safety, sanitation, housekeeping, GMP standards, problem solving
ability as well as good employee relations are considered key
elements to success.
(Available to work OT and weekends)
1. The Production Supervisor will assist in the control and
regulation of packaging operations by maintaining standard
operating procedures, making prescribed changes and adjustments
when necessary, and maintaining daily productions rates, yield,
quality, and line efficiencies according to customer
2. Assist in maintaining the budget limits as established for the
3. The Production Supervisor will direct the work force performance
through proper administration of the Company policies. Discipline
directly where necessary to maintain control of operations.
4. Administer safety/health programs to meet current OSHA and
5. Direct the labor force to maintain clean housekeeping areas in
meeting GMP and Quality System established standards. This includes
employee work practices and the proper cleaning of packaging
6. Ensure compliance with all safety, food safety, environmental,
GMP rules, regulations and policies.
7. The Production Supervisor will obtain and maintain line
efficiencies through the supervision and administration of the
Maintenance program with the assistance of production employees,
and the Maintenance Department
8. Attend scheduled safety and GMP meetings.
9. Train personnel in proper safety and operation techniques.
10. Communicate shift activities to plant management on a daily
11. Other duties as assigned by the plant management.
12. Ensure manufacturing/shipping quality, quantity, efficiency and
maintenance of area.
13. Act as fill in for other supervisors and lead persons in the
area in which they work in the case of an absence.
Education: High School diploma is required. Bachelor's Degree in
operations, technical, business or engineering is preferred.
Related Experience: 3-5 years manufacturing experience preferably
in food packaging, process, and /or food safety and security.
Previous supervisory experience/leadership experience
Equipment/Software Skills: Must be PC literate with working
knowledge of MS Office, and Outlook
1. Communications - Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills in
dealing with those both internal and external to Stratas are
critical to success
2. Leadership - Ability to lead others in the directions necessary
to achieve mutually beneficial goals is important
3. Analytical Skills - Having both the ability and competency to
evaluate a variety of alternatives and pick the best solution in a
dynamic work environment
4. Root cause problem-solving techniques: Critical to a line
5. Developing teamwork and productivity: Being proactive in
employee relations efforts serves all well
Physical: Sitting/Walking/Climbing as required in a manufacturing
environment. On your feet for most of the shift with occasional
lifting climbing stairs and ladders including rail cars and
Sensory: Good Listening Skills; Public speaking abilities to
communicate with both hourly and salaried personnel. Along with the
listening skills you have to be able to determine the purpose of
what you're listening to and prioritize accordingly.
Mental/Reasoning: Organizational; Decision making ability;
Multi-tasking; Must have strong analytical and problem solving
abilities to accommodate a quick paced environment (a quick
Stratas Foods is an equal opportunity employer and will not
discriminate against any applicant or employee in any manner
prohibited by law, including but not limited to, on the basis of
race or color, religion, gender, age, genetic information, national
origin/ancestry, mental or physical disability, family
status/marital status, sexual orientation, military/veteran status,
and any other legally protected status. Associated topics:
director, lead, leader, logistics, shift supervisor, supervisor,
supply chain, representative, warehouse analyst, warehouse
Keywords: Stratas Foods, Decatur , Supervisor - Warehouse - Hiring Now, Other , Decatur, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!