Underground Utility Locator
Company: Usic Locating Services, Llc
Posted on: September 17, 2022
To apply, simply TEXT USIC to 90206 to connect with our hiring team
Are you looking to jump start your career? Would you like to work
for the fastest growing and most trusted name in underground
utility damage prevention? If you are a quality-conscious,
safety-oriented, hard-working individual who enjoys working
outdoors, then consider a rewarding long-term career at USIC!
The USIC name and brand are highly recognized and respected for our
strong commitment to quality and safety. We are looking for
individuals to join the USIC family who consider themselves problem
solvers, are confident in their abilities, take pride in public
safety, and thrive in a fast-paced, exciting work environment. Our
communities are your communities.
Set your sights on the future! If you're looking for growth, we've
got you covered. We provide a quality training program, where your
valued experience grows every day, along with your opportunities
Our technicians spend their workdays on the go, independently
working in the field using their company-provided vehicle. You will
utilize our state-of-the-art ticket and claims management systems
to ensure clear and complete mark-out services for the excavator or
property owner at the work site. This advanced technology ensures
that you have the resources necessary to be successful.
Your Responsibilities as a Locator:
- Correctly, safely, and efficiently locate underground
utilities, including telecommunications, electric power, cable TV,
gas, water, and sewer systems.
- Thoroughly search for underground utilities in a designated
area, accurately marking the location, completing the necessary
documentation, and photographing each locate.
Work outdoors in the fresh air, using a company-provided laptop to
document and close all tickets. We have a 48-hour turnaround time
on most locates, which means we generally work the day after
holidays and some weekends, as needed.
These are daytime, full-time positions and overtime will be
required. Instructor-led training will be provided. No prior
locating experience is necessary.
Why You'll Love Working for Us (Our Benefits):
- 100% paid training - We're invested in you, starting on your
- High-quality company vehicle - All work-related expenses are
paid. This means you won't be putting mileage on your personal
vehicle for work.
- Company laptop, phone, and equipment - Advanced technology you
can count on.
- Daily pay - Access your pay when you need it most. Instantly
transfer your earnings to your bank same day.
- Comprehensive insurance options - A variety of excellent
insurance choices including medical, dental, vision, and life.
- 401(k) with company match - We will help you save for the long
term with our competitive 401(k) employer match program.
- PTO and paid holidays - Even in your first year, so you can
spend time with your loved ones.
- Weekend and holiday on-call pay - Earn extra money while on
call over the weekend or on a company holiday, even if not called
out to an emergency.
- Post-dig season bonus - Frontline employees are the first to
share in the company's success.
- Career Path Program (CPP) - Unmatched in our industry. We
recognize employees who strive to be the best in their roles with
distinctive titles, promotions, and more.
- Outstanding Marks Program - Earn points for tenure, safety, and
quality milestones to spend on products of your choice from an
expansive online store.
- Tenure Boots Program - Provides a $200 voucher to buy a new
pair of work boots on your first anniversary and every year
- Wellness check/help buttons - Ensure our technicians get home
safely each day and receive help quickly with difficult tickets.
With team leads to guide and mentor each crew, even as lone
workers, you are never alone.
- Employee Support Desk - Dedicated representatives to get you
what you need when you need it.
- Employee discounts & perks - Outstanding discounts at major
retailers and service providers.
What We Need from You (Our Requirements):
- Able and willing to work outdoors in various weather
conditions. Previous outdoor experience is a plus.
- Able to work in a confined space; walk, bend, and lift up to 75
- Computer proficiency
- Available to work overtime and weekends (as needed)
- Able to pass a drug screen
- Valid driver's license and a safe driving record
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Associated topics:
boilermaker, concrete, construction operations, construction
technician, extraction, heat treat, operator, pipe, polisher,
Keywords: Usic Locating Services, Llc, Decatur , Underground Utility Locator, Other , Decatur, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!