Posted on: September 17, 2022
Salaried position ($75,000-$100,000/year).
This position requires relocation to Frankfort, KY. Relocation
package is offered for this position.
This is a rotating shift.
Shift and rotation:
Rotate every 4 weeks between the below shifts:
- M-W 6a-6p, every other Sunday
- Th-Sat 6a-6p, every other Sunday
- M-W 6p-6a, every other Sunday
- Th-Sat 6p-6a, every other Sunday
This position is responsible for supervising the distilling
operation on the day to day,
- Supervise and develop as many as 35 union employees and
operations of the distillery, dryhouse, and powerhouse.
- Implement a $25 million dollar budget to ensure all parameters
and production needs are met safely and efficiently.
- Ensure all Personal Protective Equipment policies, training,
documentation and procedures are met.
- Conduct safety meetings for 3 departments and encourage
employee development and involvement.
- Implement Continuous Improvement techniques/systems to improve
operations within the distillery.
- Identify opportunities within the processes and develop plans
to implement improvements.
- Ensure that all quality control parameters are met. .
- Recommend ideas to reduce costs and improve output.
- Ensure production efficiency is within cost standards; track
efficiencies, quality and production data to improve
- Analyze and resolve problems related to efficiency, processes,
material, scrap and waste.
- Maintain inventory and improve other existing systems to
automate the process.
- Learn/understand the Barrel Program system.
- Become aligned with customers and understand their needs to
develop relationships in the future.
- Create, monitor and establish automated systems to manage
compliance data and regulations.
- Update Environmental Management System to demonstrate
- Monitor and understand current and new regulations.
- Provide personal development feedback to develop the employees
and improve operations, regularly.
- Develop Distillery Preventive Maintenance program.
- Update and improve reporting process using the Maintenance
System (MP2) to include working schedules and repair
- Ensure that future needs are documented and
- Supervise daily activity for over 7 skilled maintenance
- Develop and integrate a 5 yr capex plan. Develop 10 yr capex
- Monitor and adjust budgets as needed to be sure capex plans are
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience
- Ability to communicate with all levels of an org
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Experience managing in a union environment
- Lean Manufacturing Skills preferred
- ISO certifications or worked in ISO environments
- Food Safety Experience preferred
You should be proficient in:
- Lean Manufacturing Principles
- Engineering Degree
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Experience in a Manufacturing Environment
- Process Development
Machines & technologies you'll use:
Keywords: Sazerac, Decatur , Distillery Supervisor, Other , Decatur, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!