Social Worker - McLean Mobile Health
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Sign on bonus: $2,500.00 for experienced applicant or $1,000.00
for non-experiencedThe Social Work position for Mobile Health
Services provides professional services to clients and their
families utilizing the Mobile Health Clinic. This position will
help to meet identified psychosocial, emotional, financial and
environmental needs. The social worker provides psychosocial
assessments, supportive counseling, emergent crisis intervention
appropriate to setting, financial resource information, environment
enhancements, advance directive planning and referrals to community
agencies for clients and their caregivers/families in the mobile
health clinic (MHC). Using an interdisciplinary team approach, the
social worker ensures clear communication and helps to facilitate
holistic care. The social worker identifies and implements
interventions at the individual and systemic levels and provides
expertise to high risk clients across the continuum. The social
worker works collaboratively with the multi-disciplinary team to
support the Mobile Health team performing at the highest level of
their license in addition to maximizing the social workers
specialized training to address complex cases. Social Services are
provided as part of a collaboration with interdisciplinary teams in
adherence to policies, procedures, guidelines, and standards of the
Carle Health System.
- Involves patient/family in case planning decisions
- Provides social work intervention to patients and their
families utilizing the Mobile Health Clinic
- Helps to facilitate referrals to outside social services and/or
other specialties when needed.
- Keeps director/manager informed of problematic cases,
especially those involving legal or risk management issues.
- Provides assistance and advocacy to clients in obtaining
financial resources and government entitlements.
- Develops and maintains tracking system of social services
- Provides information and counseling for advance directives and
health care power of attorney.
- Responds to referral from healthcare team members to identify
available services for case specific needs.
- Collaborates with Mobile Health Team to meet the needs of high
- Details (direct or incidental) possible ways to enhance
service/care to patients across service lines and among
- Documents all patient interactions, significant observations,
interventions, and actions taken in the clients medical record in
an appropriate and timely manner.
- Facilitates education/training modules to assist Mobile Health
staff managing basic social work needs.
- As requested/required, participates in community committees,
coalitions in support of partnering and promoting the Mobile Health
- Develops and maintains community relationships to support
- Assesses physical, emotional, social, spiritual, and
environmental needs of clients and families as they relate to
improving health outcomes.
Keywords: CARLE, Decatur , Social Worker - McLean Mobile Health, Other , Weldon, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!