Company: Mueller Water Products
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Are you a supply chain professional looking for a new career?
Would you like to be part of a company involved in the transmission
of clean drinking water for almost 165 years?
Mueller Water Products, the nation's leading manufacturer of flow
control devices for the water and gas distribution industries, has
an immediate opening for a Buyer.
The Buyer effectively plans and implements work for assigned
production areas ensuring parts or materials and manpower are
available for the shop to perform the work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* This position may encompass both production scheduling and buyer
(stock/non-stock) purchasing responsibilities.
* Makes decisions to release, firm, cancel, or defer work based
upon current inventory, demand, capacity, and material
availability. Responsible for maintaining appropriate inventory
* Risk awareness and mitigation
* Material and information flow (demand variation and forecasting,
Managing supplier relationships
* Strong organizational skills and priority setting. Ability to cut
through non-essential vs essential when prioritizing workloads and
* Can simplify complex processes and reduce waste; Knows what to
measure and how to measure it; Understands how to separate and
combine tasks into efficient workflow.
* Can hammer out tough agreements and settle disputes equitably.
Ability to navigate around obstinate people and/or unsolvable
problems and course correct.
* Responsible for purchasing and negotiating MRO items, equipment,
and supplies; supporting the maintenance department as needed
* Responsible for purchasing and negotiating production
* Responsible for issuing work orders, planning, and scheduling
* Evaluate supplier quotes and services to determine most desirable
* Maintain day to day communication with suppliers to ensure
on-time delivery, system data integrity, and ordering parameters
for individual materials
* Maintain ideal inventory levels to ensure on-time deliveries,
while maximizing turns, and minimizing carrying costs
* Support as SME: end to end Supply Chain improvements including
but not limited to, PFEP material flow implementation (casting,
WIP, and FG markets), Demand & Orders Planning (S&OP),
Production Scheduling, MRP, Supply Chain Planning, and Inventory
Management, and NPD and engineering change process flow for Supply
* Supports as SME: capacity analyses by specific work
center/machine to determine the need for additional tools/capital
equipment. Ensures capacity plan is followed. Troubleshoots
potential capacity issues on an ongoing basis.
* Understands and acts as SME for the use of KANBANs, Wait/Work
Boards, and Method Sheets to ensure the highest quality and
linearity are attainable to production in a Flow Manufacturing
Required Experience and/or Education:
* Previous production scheduling experience
* Previous material requirements experience
* Previous stock and/or non-stock purchasing experience
* ERP/MRP working knowledge
* Proficient in excel (pivot table, v-lookup, etc.)
* PMP, APICS, PMP, CSCP in-progress or certification obtained.
* Exposure to Lean and/or manufacturing environments
* Work effectively in a team. Knowing role on team, based on
* Demonstrated ability to successfully achieve goals through
* Demonstrated analytical mindset.
* Have ability to follow and challenge Standard Work processes
daily (planning, system messages, etc.)
* Ability to identify roadblocks in material/information flow to
* Ability to adapt to system/technology changes as well as use of
* Ability to pull, analyze supply chain analytics and return the
data into actionable plans.
* Demonstrated proficiency in PDCA process (Action Plan - Do, RCCM
- check function)
* Analytical mindset.
* Has a strong customer focus and seeks out efficiencies and
embedded strategy to support.
* Is innovative, accepts appropriate risks, and can facilitate
Perks of Joining Our Team:
* Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
* 401(k) Retirement Plan
* Paid Holidays
* Tuition Reimbursement Program
* Referral Bonuses
* Other Benefits Also Available
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other
category protected by law.
Keywords: Mueller Water Products, Decatur , Buyer, Other , Decatur, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!