Posted on: November 26, 2022
The Deaf Educator plans and facilitates student learning across
the school day with an emphasis on maximizing listening and spoken
language skill development opportunities during all academic,
social and developmental domains with support from the CAOS (Carle
Auditory Oral School) supervisor, academic program coordinator and
ECHO Program Manager.
- Plans academic curricula based on Illinois Learning Standards
and Illinois Early Learning Standards, and CAOS curriculum.
- Establishes and manages classroom routines and behavior
management programs for individual students with support from the
senior deaf educators and CAOS supervisor.
- Collaborates with parents regarding their child's overall level
of development and provides ideas and strategies for them to
support skill development at home, in collaboration with the speech
- Plans, modifies and documents daily activities that are
dependent on each child's present level of performance in the areas
of cognition, communication, academic and social skill development
with support from the senior deaf educators and CAOS supervisor.
Ensures that learning activities provide each child with the
opportunity to learn about relevant aspects of their world at their
current level of functioning.
- Selects language and vocabulary targets for each child with
support from the senior deaf educators. Ensures that students are
using audition as the primary pathway to learning across the school
day. Plans daily activities that will provide repeated successful
practice with speech, language and vocabulary targets with support
from the senior deaf educator and speech therapist.
- Seeks information needed to develop and maintain and facilitate
optimal functioning of sensory devices such as cochlear implants,
hearing aids, BAHA and FM systems.
- Organizes and participates in school-wide and grade level
activities and committees.
Keywords: CARLE, Decatur , Deaf Educator, Other , Cisco, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!