RN - Surgery - Full-time, Days
Company: SSM Health
Posted on: November 26, 2022
**SIGN-ON BONUS AVAILABLE**Looking for a RN opportunity where
patients come first, and you are valued as a team member? At SSM
Health, we know the healing power of presence begins with
compassionate people like you. As a RN, you will be a vital member
of the care team for our patients.SSM St. Marys Hospital in
Centralia, Illinois is looking to add a RN to our Surgery
Department!This position is a full-time, days position - core hours
are Monday through Friday, 6:50am-3:15pm. Hours will fluctuate
depending on surgeries (i.e. sometimes shift start at 6:30am &
sometimes working late). Additionally, this role can anticipate
some on-call shifts (including weekends & holidays).**Sign on
bonuses are for external qualified candidates. Internal candidates,
please check with your recruiter to see what options are available
for you.Delivers professional nursing care in the operative setting
to patients undergoing surgical or other invasive
- Performs scrub functions including the selection and handling
of instruments and supplies used during procedure.
- Performs circulating functions including monitoring, recording
and communicating patient condition and managing overall nursing
care of patient before, during and after procedure.
- Directly assists operating physician with surgical tasks
including hemostasis, suturing and wound exposure as well as
- Prepares operating rooms and surgical instruments and equipment
- Applies the existing body of evidence-based practice and
scientific knowledge in health care to nursing practice, ensuring
that nursing care is delivered based on patients age-specific needs
and clinical needs as described in the department's Scope of
- As an SSM Health nurse, I will demonstrate the professional
nursing standards defined in the professional practice model. Uses
the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses to guide his/her response to the
current and evolving health and nursing needs of our patients and
our patient populations.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATION
- Graduate of accredited school of nursingEXPERIENCE
- No experience requiredPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting,
gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.Required
Keywords: SSM Health, Decatur , RN - Surgery - Full-time, Days, Other , Centralia, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!