Universal Banker Trainee
Company: Midland States Bank
Posted on: January 24, 2023
At Midland States Bank, we believe that when we can bring our
whole selves to work each day, we become happier, more comfortable,
more confident, and more excited to do great things for our
customers, each other, and our company. We're proud to be an Equal
Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. At Midland, we
recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote without regard to
race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression,
sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or
veteran status. If you are looking for a place to grow, we
encourage you to apply at Midland States Bank, because you belong
here.Position SummaryThe Universal Banker Trainee position is
responsible for delivering excellent customer experiences to
current and potential customers. Employees in this position will
display effective communication skills and exhibit a good knowledge
of the products and services offered. Also responsible for offering
referral opportunities that will result in outcomes that define
excellent customer service.An employee will remain in a trainee
position until they have proven their ability to effectively place
customers in the correct mix of product and services through needs
based questioning. They must be able to regularly meet and/or
exceed performance and production goals established by the Banking
Center Manager. Primary Accountabilities
- Institutional knowledge of banking.
- Receive cash and checks for deposit, verifying amounts, looking
at endorsements and reviewing checks for possible fraud including
- Examines cash carefully to guard against counterfeit
- Cashes checks for customers in accordance with bank policy.
Enters transactions into computer system and issues receipts.
- Provides accurate customer service to include balancing cash
drawer throughout the day to reduce and eliminate teller
- Understanding basic knowledge of deposit and lending products &
- Able to identify correct product types through needs-based
questioning allowing them to build and deepen customer
relationships to include determining needs and referring business
- Assists with basic deposit account openings and maintenance
requests with monitoring and coaching provided by a senior level
- Develop sales and product knowledge allowing them to achieve
personal and team goals as set. Track and monitor those sales and
opportunities in the customer information software.
- Participate in onsite visits to customers to promote the
Employee Perks at Work Program & Merchant Services.
- Proactively participates in outbound teleconsulting to promote
and expand current client relationships.
- Actively participate in weekly huddles and one on one coaching
- Serves as relief and /or backup teller in other locations of
Midland States Bank.
- Timely completion of all assigned learning activities.
- Demonstrates and models Midland States Bank core values that
support the bank's culture.
- Participate in bank sponsored community activities and
- Maintain compliance with all applicable regulations including,
but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA).
- Accepts other duties as assigned. Position
- Sales and customer service background. Ability to:
- Stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift and transport coin and currency bags as
required (bags may weigh between 25lbs and 50lbs)Other Desired
- Multilingual speakers are encouraged to apply Competencies:
- Business insight
- Cultivates innovation
- Drives results
- Makes sound decisions
- Being a brand champion
- Communicates effectively
- Customer focus
- Being Authentic
- Emotional Intelligence
- Self development
- Being flexible and adaptable
- Team Oriented GoalsIf you require reasonable accommodation in
completing this application, interviewing, completing any
pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee
selection process, please direct your inquiries to Midland States
Bank Human Resources at . THIS JOB DESCRIPTION DOES NOT CONSTITUTE
A CONTRACT FOR EMPLOYMENTPI200120769
Keywords: Midland States Bank, Decatur , Universal Banker Trainee, Other , Effingham, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!