South Side Country Club is excited to announce the exceptional
career opportunity of Assistant Head Golf Professional. Qualified
candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly
focused on providing superior service.
Key Responsibilities of the Assistant Golf Professional:
- Oversees golf shop operations including merchandize and food and
- Assists in the development and day to day check list of opening
and closing procedures of the golf shop and golf service areas.
- Creates a customer service oriented atmosphere that promotes the
game of golf and meets the needs of the members. Ensures that
associates provide a high level of customer service.
- Works closely with the head golf professional and the regional
retail manager to ensure the shop is always well stocked, well
presented and welcoming to all our members and guest.
- Prepares work schedules and assigns associates areas of
- Monitors hours to maximize productivity and minimize
- Provides leadership and vision to golf staff, building people,
and preparing them for career advancement.
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, training, planning,
assigning, and directing work, evaluating performance, rewarding,
and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving
problems, always under the supervision and guidance of the head
- Assures that effective orientation and training are given to each
new associate. Develops ongoing training programs.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
-Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
-Performs other duties as required.
Minimum Qualification for the Assistant Golf Professional:
-2 years experience in the golf industry.
-Experience with computerized POS and tee time system.
- Experience with Golf Genius software.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Experience in Microsoft office programs.