Occupational Therapist (OT) - Sign on Bonus
Company: Healthpro Heritage
Posted on: September 8, 2019
Join our Dynamic TEAM today at Randall Residence of Decatur, IL!
Outpatient Part B geriatrics.
We are presently seeking a full time OT to join our team. $3,000
Sign on Bonus
We value our therapists and their dedication to our mission of
making a difference in a senior's life. That is why we make it a
priority to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits
Medical, Dental and Vision, HSAShort and Long Term DisabilityLife
Insurance401KPaid Time OffProfessional Development/CEU Credits
At HealthPro Heritage we hire people who share our vision, who work
diligently and provide the kind of care that will help change
patient's lives for the better. As an Associate, your dedication
and commitment deserve respect and recognition. If you're looking
for a career and straightforward and realistic 'care' expectations,
maybe it's time to look at our company.
The Occupational Therapist evaluates and treats residents in
accordance with orders of the physician through the use of
therapeutic procedures and assistive devices intended to maximize
functional potentials in all areas of a resident's life. The
Occupational Therapist participates as a member of the
interdisciplinary team providing support and information within the
area of Occupational Therapy.
contact phone: 888-496-9319
contact email: email@example.com
1. Review available resident information and evaluate the impact of
this information on the assessment and treatment process.
2. Conduct and document a thorough functional assessment of the
resident, utilizing standardized procedures. Assessment of
home/vocational and equipment needs.
3. Develop and implement an individualized treatment plan based on
resident needs and containing achievable functional goals.
4. Comply with evaluation, treatment and documentation guidelines
and consistently maintain timely and accurate departmental
5. Enter a progress note in the resident record following each
6. Revise treatment plans, as needed, throughout the treatment
7. Document the course of treatment in a clear, concise discharge
summary utilizing a prescribed format.
8. Instruct Assistants in treatment procedures to be utilized and
provide close supervision while such staff members are working with
9. Orient residents to program services and treatment procedures
appropriate to their needs. Inform residents of any potential risk
during any procedure.
10. Work with nursing staff, resident and families to maximize
resident's use of functional abilities.
11. Establish and instruct resident and family/other caregiver in
exercises and therapeutic procedures to be continued following
12. Assist in the referral process when a resident requires
additional services following discharge. Maintain current knowledge
of community resources.
13. Attend and participate or provide information for
rehabilitation team conferences regarding resident progress,
problem or needs.
14. Attend and participate in other department/facility meetings,
15. Access continuing education opportunities appropriate to
discipline and responsibilities in order to maintain clinical
16. Participate in the quality improvement process by responding
appropriately to results of medical record audits,
resident/referral source satisfaction surveys, safety activities
and regulatory requirements.
17. Act in compliance with Heritage Healthcare's regulatory and
professional standards and guidelines.
18. Provide input to the Rehabilitation Manager on clinical
performance of assistants as requested and appropriate.
19. Promote the programs and services of Heritage Healthcare
through formal and informal interactions with the community.
20. Adhere to company and facility policies and procedures and
participate in facility quality improvement and safety
21. Perform other duties as assigned and required to provide
quality care to residents.
22. Understands reimbursement by various payers and allocates
therapy resources efficiently in accordance with resident goals and
outcomes related to discharge destination.
23. Demonstrate a knowledge of OBRA regulations, HIPAA, Local
Coverage Determination Policy and third party reimbursement
24. Support the company's commitment to Compassionate Care; project
a professional image to foster confidence in the Rehab Program.
25. Perform duties in an independent manner and recognizes
situations where direct supervision is needed; willingly
26. Maintain the expected productivity level that has been
discussed and is expected for your position at your particular
1. Bachelor/Masters of Science degree in Occupational Therapy.
2. Current license/certification in the state of practice.
3. Prefer supervision, training and/or experience in a setting
serving the same age/type of resident population served by this
4. Certification, if applicable, and demonstrated competency in
identified areas of specialization.
5. Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal
6. Demonstrated ability to assess resident needs and develop and
implement a comprehensive plan of care.
7. Knowledge of accreditation standards and compliance
8. Ability to complete the following activities safely, and at
times, for prolonged periods:
--- Standing: Maintaining an upright position on the feet,
especially for prolonged periods of time
--- Pushing: Applying pressure and exerting force against an object
for the purpose of moving it forward or away from the source of the
force - push or pull force up to 35 lbs.
--- Lifting: Raising an object from a lower to a higher position,
or moving an object laterally, from position to position-Required
to lift up to 50 lbs of force independently. May be required to
lift over 50 lbs with assistance of another person or a mechanical
--- Stooping: Bending the body forward and down from the waist,
hips and knees, sometimes for a prolonged length of time.
--- Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction away
from the body
--- Balancing: Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling when
walking, standing or crouching on narrow, slippery or moving
Recruiter : Email Address
Keywords: Healthpro Heritage, Decatur , Occupational Therapist (OT) - Sign on Bonus, Other , Decatur, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!